Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 09:13 AM

138 posts, read 750,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:I suspect there were other issues at play there, probably environmental.

Exactly, and someone with the money to pay attorneys will find a way to halt drilling in developments. Some people, unlike Roma, don't want the mess and hassle. Money is NOT everything.

Old 10-06-2006, 09:17 AM

1,118 posts, read 4,756,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
Well we are so happy that our realtor insisted on mineral rights at our signing. I thought "whats the big deal, they are not going to drill in our subdivision" but went with what the realtor said and got the rights.
Woo Hoo, 2 years later come to find out our subdivision has natural gas under it and they are going to drill from outside our sub and go long ways underneath the ground to get the gas from under all of us. They say there is enough for 40 or more years. You get a Signing Bonus plus a Check each month. It is based on acreage. Our sub has 1 acre lots to over 5 acres. Thankfully we have over 5 acres. The more acres you have the more money you get. So we will be getting a nice check each month for around 40 years. It will pay for a couple car payments and bills each month.
Another great thing about this is when you sell your home you can have in the contract that you are keeping your mineral rights.
It is now known our town has gas so everyone is keeping their mineral rights but you might be lucky and get some.
My hat's off to your realtor! You just illustrated why I advise people to use a good real estate professional. Your realtor earned his/her commission big time! Congrats!

Old 10-06-2006, 10:08 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,098,508 times
Thank You Adream. I agree with you 100% regarding realtors. He earned is money and more. He was great!

Old 10-06-2006, 10:34 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,855,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
From looking into this, it has come clear that etexbill and momof2df do not know what they are talking about. Etexbill said no one can get mineral rights anymore=false, and momof2df thinks this is Slant drilling=wrong and she also assumed it was Barnett Shale=wrong. LOL, It is very clear they are do not know what they are talking about.
DUDE, go back and read. I never said one word about "slant drilling". GEEZ! And I said "I assume" and mentioned the Barnett Shale. I did NOT say IT WAS the Barnett Shale. Besides, who cares about something that piddly. geez. I don't know exactly WHERE your property is but you did post this under Ft. Worth and the Barnett Shale does cover some of Tarrant County and surrounding counties.

Ya'll know what is so dadgum funny, this guy HATES Texas and Texans yet here he is gloating about the possibility of getting "rich" off of natural gas IN TEXAS. Check out all of his posts. Even on other states he goes on and on about how HORRIBLE it is here in Texas, how ugly it is, the people bad, etc. And we don't know what we are talking about. HA!

HOOK'EM HORNS

Old 10-06-2006, 11:21 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,098,508 times
Momof2df, You read all my post?? Either you have too much time on your hands or you are creepy.
I never said Texas was ugly, I never said the people were bad. I never said I was going to be rich from this but just pay some bills. I am not a DUDE. I do not live in a trailer (which you said I did in another post regarding bugs) and there is nothing wrong with people that do live in trailers. I do not eat at all you can eat buffets (which you said I did in the same thread regarding bugs) but if someone does that is great.
Sure I miss home, we used to live on the coast and are planning to go back. The weather here and the bugs are just a little to much for us. I am not saying there are no bugs in California just not as much as there are here and it makes life not as much enjoyable if you are someone that likes to be outside alot.
The people here and our neighbors are wonderful. We love our home on the lake and the amount of land we got. We wll miss that very much.
Not every place is for everyone. Being 40 and retired we are able to move and enjoy different places and that is what we will do.

Old 10-06-2006, 11:55 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,855,577 times
No. I'm not creepy and I wish I had more time on my hands. I have just found from experience that whenever I run across a post from someone that is either way too excited or really harsh on a certain area it pays to see what that person says about other places. Are they so unhappy that everywhere they go they must find the negatives? That paints a more accurate picture and lets one know that this person has other issues. No different than knowing that there is someone in person that you see that is always the "downer". The person that constantly complains and is never happy. Afterawhile in person one knows that and avoids them. Same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth