U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2013, 06:54 AM

634 posts, read 1,205,734 times

Advertisements

Anyone live in the Aledo area here? My fiancé and Imare looking at buying or building around that area or Hudson Oak, Willow Park, Weatherford. Looking to spend no more than 300k and good school district will be important down the road. Any recommendations?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 08:24 AM

537 posts, read 971,158 times
Well, first of all, at the following link you can find a PDF of the District Map for Aledo ISD.
Aledo Independent School District - General Information Overview

Second, there are a lot of houses and subdivisions in the area. You should have no problem finding something with your budget.

There is a new development getting started right off 1187 (aka main road into Aledo) near the high school:
Parks of Aledo | A Residential Neighborhood in Aledo Texas | Coming 2013

Also, starting to finally get underway after a good 15-20 years is the Walsh Ranch development. This is between Fort Worth and Aledo (in the land area between I-30 and I-20 before they merge/I-30 terminates). Don't know for sure when houses will actually be available there though...

1187 is current under construction into Aledo being widened.

There's currently not much retail shopping out here. The closest grocery is the Brookshire's grocery at Willow Park. Otherwise, you'll shop in Fort Worth or the super walmart at Hudson Oaks.

re: commutes...we live off FM5 between Aledo and South Annetta...near Stuard Elementary School area...my mother commutes to just barely the west side of downtown fort worth in about 30 minutes.

Anyway, take a look at the district map that I linked too...you'll find that Aledo ISD stretches over a fairly large area.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:22 PM

12,481 posts, read 9,349,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebuch View Post
Anyone live in the Aledo area here? My fiancé and Imare looking at buying or building around that area or Hudson Oak, Willow Park, Weatherford. Looking to spend no more than 300k and good school district will be important down the road. Any recommendations?
Willow park is nice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth