Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2013, 09:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,284 times

Advertisements

He has been in and out of Johnson County Jail for misdemeanor type charges. But the last time he went to jail it was for assault against his stepfather and myself. He was drunk. I believe he has Oppositional Defient Disorder, also bipolar, with depression. He went to MHMR in Cleburne 2yrs ago and was turned away by someone in the screening process. I have had him in counseling on and off from ages 12 thru 16, only stopping when he refused to go. I have called my insurance (United Bahavioral Health), they tell me He has to be the one to ask for help. My question is what can I do to get him the help that he so desperately needs? He has stolen from us, lied to us, and physically assaulted us before going to jail the last time. I see the same trends again. I will not kick him out of my home, I have tried that, he has no where to go and it made matters worse. He doesn't seem to have remorse for any of his actions, this really worries me. He is my son, I love him and only want the best for him in this life. He needs mental health help, can anyone point me in the right direction?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 06:35 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,686,569 times
Ask to move your post to the psychology forum. He needs to be properly evaluated. I saw a Dr. Phil show and a young adult had never been diagnosed and turns out he was on the autism spectrum when they just thought he was asocial. You might want to ask to move your post and also look at the Dr. Phil website. Your son can't possibly be happy and surely wants help to gain a path for himself. A simple statement saying he must ask is ridiculous. GENERAL AND MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES - Dr Phil Resources

Old 02-09-2013, 05:12 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
You need to understand what the new insurance laws allow you to do to cover your son
I don't know if he has to be a full time student or what...but the info is probably on the Internet--
tarrant county MH link
Resources
PLUS if you feel your son is dangerous to himself or to others, contact your family doctor and ask about short term commital...might be only way to get him evaluated...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
View detailed profiles of: