U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2013, 08:14 AM

43 posts, read 142,838 times

Advertisements

Just looking for some opinions on the new Chisholm trail parkway connecting cleburne and downtown fort worth. Do you think the new toll road will lessen the traffic on I-35 or will folks shy away from the toll road due to the associated fees? We are looking to move and burleson has caught our eye but I know 35 traffic can be pretty horrendous.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 08:37 AM
JJG

13,580 posts, read 20,430,718 times
Well, it's really not gonna do much for relieving traffic on 35W. It's mainly to relieve traffic on the main SWFW streets of Hulen and Bryant Irving.

But it will at least give people on that side of Fort Worth another option to downtown.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:26 AM

327 posts, read 689,156 times
Any impact on 35W will be minimal. It's too far west to be of much help to Burleson. I've never seen the supposedly horrendous traffic on the South Freeway. It slows down at times, and then it clears up. I'd much rather deal with that than the North Freeway. If South Freeway traffic is too much for you, you shouldn't live anywhere near a city.

The road might actually help in southwest Fort Worth. Average incomes there are somewhat higher than some other areas, so people may not mind as much paying for the road. South of Fort Worth, the road crosses open fields with little traffic demand; I'm not sure why they're building there.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:04 AM

26 posts, read 66,905 times
If you ever tried to take 1187 East to I-35W in the morning you might think otherwise. Alot of those folks might use the new road (I included) which should help a little...

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

Old 02-21-2013, 09:07 AM

641 posts, read 901,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
It's mainly to relieve traffic on the main SWFW streets of Hulen and Bryant Irving.
It will do little, if anything, to relieve the local traffic on Hulen and Bryant Irving. People driving on those streets during rush hour are going to businesses and homes in the area. They're not driving to Crowley, Benbrook, or Cleburne.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:49 AM

156 posts, read 243,763 times
Actually I think it will help local traffic a lot. Since they have closed down access to 183 east from Bryant Irving the Hulen area has been a mess. Plus it will be so much easier to take I-20 west, instead of having to get off I-20 at Hulen and then getting back on at Bryant Irving. And now there will be a quick way to get to downtown without having to use Hulen or Bryant Irving which are not the quickest past the rail yard. I can't wait!

I don't know if it will help with traffic on I-35W but it will be nice to have another route out of town if you were headed to Austin and beyond on a Friday at 5pm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth