Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 09:42 AM

440 posts, read 865,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameiurus View Post
You might consider taking US 190 across Southern Louisania instead of I-10. I think it's quicker and more scenic. Then pick up I-10 in Baton Rouge. And if you see any roadside strawberry stands stop, you won't be sorry.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2
The strawberries sound good! Thanks for the tip!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2016, 09:34 PM

65 posts, read 102,785 times
Hey Rob, this is to you or anyone else who can help. I am in Clearwater Fl and tired of the traffic congestion and rude people. I often was wondering about Houston Tx, or Mobile, which one offers more for a single lady?

I like an educated crowd, well hopefully, medium size city, lots to do and friendly people. I have a degree as well but work now as a secretary. I've been told to look at Layfeyette LA, Mobile and of course Houston, any ideas for me. Is it true, Mobile has no beach just a bay, you said, "the Alabama Gulf Coast is beautiful," is that mobile or where?

Any advice would be appreciated. Im thinking Pensacola may be too slow paced for me, Tallahassee is an awesome college town but no beach there either, so im stumped, Houston sounds good but so big for me alone. lol

Old 04-30-2016, 06:44 AM

20 posts, read 71,416 times
My memories of Houston is the traffic was horrible. They have wonderful museums though and a butterfly house. If a hurricane is forecasted get out quickly. A friend in 2005 tried and had to give up and hunker down with other friends as far away as possible but still within Houston. It was touch and go but all survived.

Houston is home to big petro-chemical plants meaning it has very bad smells. I remember visiting the USS Texas and driving through the complexes and the smell was aweful. Would have loved to tour San Jacinto but the mosquitos were numerous the day I was there. If you go, go prepared for the swamp area. I wasn't and that is on me.

There are online quizzes to help find cities that will fit your desires and needs. Just google for "where should I live" to find them.

Old 05-03-2016, 01:53 PM

72 posts, read 132,507 times
Ann, I recently vacationed in Orange Beach which is right next to Gulf Shores, AL. The area is a hidden gem and beautiful. Mobile would be considered the metro city for that area but no, it is not along the gulf though it does sit west of Mobile Bay.

From what I've seen, researched and read, Houston and Mobile are two completely different cities so it all depends on what you are looking for. Mobile is really trying while Houston is already "there" as far as events, culture, etc.

Personally, I prefer the quieter cities and towns but like I said, it depends on what you are looking for.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth