U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 08:42 PM

10,568 posts, read 22,492,484 times

Advertisements

Look on Craigslist and find a roommate. Anything that cheap is going to be in a bad neighborhood...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2016, 10:43 PM

2,023 posts, read 1,269,533 times
You will be hard pressed to find something good feeding into Butler or Martin for that amount. I wish you luck because your budget is low especially when you factor in transportation costs since Arlington doesn't have public transit.

Old 07-13-2018, 11:06 AM

1 posts, read 558 times
Hi Benhur101, I see this is several years old. How was your experience? My family and I are now in the exact same situation and I too have the same concerns about crime and schools. What are the Best schools and safest neighborhoods? Thanks so much!!

Old 07-13-2018, 01:57 PM

2,023 posts, read 1,269,533 times
What is your budget and where will you work? Arlington is the 3rd largest city in DFW and traffic going through it during rush hour can be pretty awful.

Old 07-23-2018, 03:45 PM

186 posts, read 105,055 times
I live in Arlington, and have for awhile. Stay west of Cooper, and in general you're okay. With few exceptions, west of Cooper even south of I-20, all the way north of I-30 are fine. I would even draw the line at Bowen. This includes Pantego, and Dalworthington Gardens, which as far as I'm concerned, is still Arlington.

We're in a neighborhood that feeds into Arlington High, and have heard nothing but good things from long time residents of this area of Arlington, for what that's worth.

Public transportation might a moot point with Lyft, Uber and Via.

Getting to Euless from Arlington depends on how you get there. As I've said elsewhere, it depends on your using a map (or Google maps) and pre-planning. If you rely on only the primary routes, and/or GPS, you'll have a rough time of it during peak hours, as 360 and 820 are a mess then. Heck, 820 can be a mess even during off hours.

Also, I'd think there would be some places in your price range in Irving as well.

Old 07-26-2018, 08:09 AM

1 posts, read 470 times
I would say all of mr squirl's advice still stands. Finding a bargain is difficult. I would have to say we are at the "top" of the market, but couldn't make a prediction as to when it might "bust", so renting might be a good option for the time being. Renting gets you the ability to get the 'lay of the land' with out the commitment of buying.

We are in the sw Arlington area. I grew up here, moved away chasing dollars, but am back probably for a long time.

Old 07-26-2018, 09:43 PM

3,383 posts, read 4,387,218 times
I lived in N. Arlington for 3 years and never felt unsafe there. I lived off N. Collins on Green Oaks Blvd. There are some decent apartments along there and it is close to UTA. I would recommend looking along there as it is only a few minutes drive to UTA, nice, quiet, and close to grocery shopping. The apartment complex I lived in was real nice. You can PM me for info.

Arlington is the largest suburb in the U.S. with no public transportation.

Old 07-30-2018, 10:23 AM

341 posts, read 296,725 times
> I would have to say we are at the "top" of the market

How much did your crystal ball cost you? jj

You can't really make these assertions without the benefit of hindsight. Who knows how much longer things will climb. We've seen momentary slowdowns before, and things picked right back up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth