Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 01:05 AM

8 posts, read 26,182 times

Advertisements

So here I am posting yet another one. So many questions. I was looking at Hurst and Carrollton. I am now looking at Keller they seem to have a lot of newer homes for rent there. I want to rent for a year to learn the area before buying. I will be working out of my home and DFW airport. My main thing is to find a nice rental in a nice neighborhood with a newer home. Diverse neighbordhood as well. I hear a lot of good things about Carrollton, but there arnt a lot of newer homes there for rent (under 10 years old) Can anyone give me some insight on Keller? Thanks Again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2007, 08:12 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,474,655 times
traffic in keller seems to be big complaint unless you have kids in school and then the zoning/redistricting is the big deal
some of housing listed as Keller address is really in Fort Worth and you pay FTW city taxes and get FTW fire/police/EMT--sometimes there is a problem when people call 911 in emergency as to who should respond...
Keller has seen significant increase in number of foreclosures--so think those rentals you see are probably spec homes that investors bought anticipating selling for profit but then the market went soft and they are stuck with them--so it is rent or get foreclosed...
If you are looking at homes around I-35 and 377 be aware of the railroad track that runs paralled to 377---busy, busy--gets lot of long trains and can block the lights during morning and evening traffic...
few nicer restaurants around that area--but you can get into NRH or Hurst or Southlake pretty easily...there is stip shopping center with some of the name brand stores like Target Linens N Things, Lowes--but the mall shopping is at Northeast Mall in hurst and that is probably the closest movie theater...

Getting to DFW airport is probably either via 1709 which can be busy depending on when you go--or taking Mid-Cities/cheek sparger across and that can be busy/crowded as well because it narros to just 2 lanes in some parts...lots of traffic getting to 114/121 to Grapevine and the 635 Loop

Old 10-25-2007, 09:29 AM

1,379 posts, read 6,402,944 times
My hubby is doing the same thing. We look heavily at Keller because we really liked the area and the ISD. Loves is definately right on the traffic. Its bad!

Another route you could take is up 377 or 35W (via 170) over to 114 East to the North entrance to the airport. We actually moved out to the Haslet area and take the 114 route to the airport.

There are some rentals in both Heritage, Villages of Woodland Springs and other developments in the Keller/Fort Worth area. I think you will find quite a bit of diversity in these master planned communities because they are big draws from people from out of town moving into the area because they have a lot of convenience.

Also, if you haven't you should check out the posts on Carrollton on the Dallas portion of the forum. It has had some issues recently that you might want to be aware of for the future.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:41 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,838,591 times
reguard to the train tracks... you have to cross those to get from Woodland springs to the airport and you can get stuck with the train.

We recently bought in keller and decided to stay in central keller due to the high forclosure rates in woodland springs and Heritage.

I'd stay east of 377. (we just like the look and feel of that area better too.)

I still say look in Grapevine, they have some nice aptments etc... and it's much closer to DFW.

Old 10-25-2007, 02:09 PM

Actually you can take Old Denton Road up to 170 to bypass the tracks if necessary. The houses in Keller are nice either side. You do get newer homes and more diverse neighborhoods west of 377.

Anyway, there are a LOT of options of places to rent all throughout a 30 min radius of the airport. The good thing is that you will have a lot of choices. The bad thing is that you will have a lot of choices if you want them. Irving and Coppell are very nice as well.

Just depends on what you want to do for other activities. That is the thing here in the Metroplex, you get the opportunity to actually do things besides working all the time...if you aren't on the road.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:09 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,838,591 times
Quote:
The good thing is that you will have a lot of choices. The bad thing is that you will have a lot of choices if you want them.
LOL don't I know it! our poor realator was running all over!! It's really a double edged sword!

yes, There are tons of nice houses west of 377...

Old 10-31-2007, 06:56 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,474,655 times
west of 377 there are tons of tract developments -- east of 377 there are some tract developments and some neighborhoods that were done by local semi-custom builders, some older neighborhoods with more established trees, and less stress with school zoning--in neighborhoods that are the same age as Heritage and Woodland Springs, the houses east of 377 generally have a higher price per sq ft--because they are in Keller city limits and for a variety of other reasons...
Most real estate agents if asked for an honest opinion would prefer NOT to have to market a home west of 377--but I will say that Woodland Springs does have a couple of streets where the natural trees were kept (closer to the train tracks) but that is one positive incentive that sets it apart frommost of the developments west of 377---and there are some homes in Woodland Springs that are nicer than a typical tract home---

Old 11-01-2007, 08:57 AM

301 posts, read 1,058,537 times
I live in Keller and was just wondering where everyone says the traffic is bad?
I have no complaints about traffic in Keller. There is only one area that I can think of that is bad and that is on 377 near the Villages of Woodland Springs area because of the construction, but aside from that, there is hardly any traffic!

Old 11-01-2007, 01:40 PM

Definately 1709 and 377 (where they are doing construction and you mentioned), Alta Vista, 35W north of 820, 170 at 35W at rush hour.

Old 11-01-2007, 05:49 PM

301 posts, read 1,058,537 times
oh ok, rush hour, I understand. I havent experienced rush hour traffic yet, but I guess I will get my taste of it when I start working next week. Yuck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth