Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 04:50 PM

82 posts, read 238,791 times

Advertisements

What do you like about Weatherford?
What do you not like about Weatherford?

What do you like about Granbury?
What do you not like about Granbury?

What do you like about Cleburne?
What do you not like about Cleburne?

What do you like / not like about any area in between?

Thanks.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 04:15 AM

348 posts, read 830,836 times
What I like about Weatherford - It has quick access away from the big cities.
What I don't like about Weatherford - It's becoming a thumb of Fort Worth.
What I like about Granbury - basically nothing.
What I don't like about Granbury - It's a crappy meth town, but still pretentious, pretending to be a nice place.
What I like about Cleburne - It admits to being a crappy town and doesn't put up a false front.
What I don't like about Cleburne - The rampant satanism, just ask the long-time locals about it.

Of the three, I'd pick Weatherford. It's actually a nice place, although it's growing more than I'd prefer.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:11 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiosgreat View Post
What do you like about Weatherford?
What do you not like about Weatherford?

What do you like about Granbury?
What do you not like about Granbury?

What do you like about Cleburne?

What do you like / not like about any area in between?

Thanks.....
Weatherford is boring to me
Granbury has Babes chicken and a nice town square on a lake .
Cleburne is an armpit

Old 04-28-2013, 08:34 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
What do you like about Weatherford? - It's away from Fort Worth (although eventually, it will become part of the city, I'm sure)
What do you not like about Weatherford? -.... not exactly my kind of place. Didn't feel welcomed the times I was there.

What do you like about Granbury? - Their lake.
What do you not like about Granbury? - (Personal) Their cheating high school football team.

What do you like about Cleburne? - ... the courthouse.
What do you not like about Cleburne? - .... ?

What do you like / not like about any area in between? - I'm not a small town guy, so I can't give ya anymore than that. Out of the three, I'd pick Cleburne, I guess.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
What do you like about Weatherford? - It's away from Fort Worth (although eventually, it will become part of the city, I'm sure)
What do you not like about Weatherford? -.... not exactly my kind of place. Didn't feel welcomed the times I was there.

What do you like about Granbury? - Their lake.
What do you not like about Granbury? - (Personal) Their cheating high school football team.

What do you like about Cleburne? - ... the courthouse.
What do you not like about Cleburne? - .... ?

What do you like / not like about any area in between? - I'm not a small town guy, so I can't give ya anymore than that. Out of the three, I'd pick Cleburne, I guess.
Cheating in HS texas football.....never....lol
What do you have on them?

Old 04-30-2013, 04:49 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Cheating in HS texas football.....never....lol
What do you have on them?
lol.

Just back in say, 9th, (10th?) grade, we (North Crowley) went down there to Granbury and they turned the scoreboard off on us while we were driving in the final 3 minutes. Wasn't the first time, either.

We still call them "Cheat-bury".

Old 04-30-2013, 08:22 PM

540 posts, read 1,105,803 times
What do you like about Weatherford? Small town feel with easy access to FW
What do you not like about Weatherford? Becoming too big; traffic; construction on main street

What do you like about Granbury? Lake, HEB (grocery store), access to FW
What do you not like about Granbury? Traffic on 377 both in Granbury & at Benbrook going into FW

What do you like about Cleburne? Can't remember the last time I was in Cleburne, so don't know anything about it.

What do you like / not like about any area in between? Well, I live in between...basically. Closer to Weatherford, but only 35 minutes to Granbury. I drive down to Granbury every couple weeks to grocery shop at HEB. The whole area is becoming rural suburbia. Oh, there are still sizeable ranches but it is amazing how many subdivisions pop up in what is almost the middle of no where. Which means traffic. Downside is you do have to drive to FW/Benbrook or Weatherford/Hudson Oaks or Granbury for your shopping.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
lol.

Just back in say, 9th, (10th?) grade, we (North Crowley) went down there to Granbury and they turned the scoreboard off on us while we were driving in the final 3 minutes. Wasn't the first time, either.

We still call them "Cheat-bury".
So they had electricity back then? .lol. Just kidding

Old 05-08-2013, 02:57 AM

61 posts, read 160,409 times
Default Weatherford, Granbury, Cleburne

I was born in Cleburne, Graduated H.S. in Weatherford, and after 6 years in the Air Force I moved to Granbury.
Weatherford is growing way too fast and it's infrastructure can't keep up. It's no longer the laid back Country town it was 30 years ago. I still love to take the family out to Weatherford for the down home cooking and fresh veggies at the Market.
Granbury is going through a business boom that has created a traffic nightmare in the off season not to mention the summer months when it attracts crowds to the lake that now smells of sewage due to the overcrowding and use of septic tanks going unrestricted all around the area. I use Granbury to get to points south when I have to, other wise I go around it.
Cleburne is still the slow and lazy town it has always been and the large truck traffic from the Barnett shell gas boom is starting to subside. There isn't much glitz or glamor to the city and I can't find many excuses to go there.
Aledo is an area between Weatherford and Fort Worth that has been attractive for the past few years and if it doesn't grow too fast it is one worth looking into. There is no city or town per say, only a crossroads and everyone shops in Weatherford or Fort Worth.
Joshua lies between Fort Worth and Cleburne and because of the lack of building restrictions you might have chickens or pigs in your yard in the morning. There are some really nice areas just on the north side of Joshua just west of Crowley.
I would strongly prefer these two later areas mentioned. Hope this is a help and good hunting.

Last edited by srgrimes; 05-08-2013 at 03:13 AM..

Old 05-14-2017, 05:38 PM

71 posts, read 115,813 times
Default tell me more....

srgrimes - You seem to know alot about the general area. I am looking to relocate to this area (from this horrific state of California) to spend my "twilight years" as they say, but hopefully find a few years of work for my husband in upper management of construction. He is originally from San Antonio.
Do you have anything else to "report" about this area such as home, gas, grocery, utility prices etc?
Or if not this area... some other area you know about? Thanks for any info!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth