U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2013, 11:02 AM

32,540 posts, read 51,070,183 times

Advertisements

Someone in my neighborhood reported that friend of his who contracted West Nile and suffered permanent damage from the illness has had a special anti-mosquito system added to his irrigation system...
supposedly it puts Cedarcide into the water when the sprinklers run ==and that is supposed to be a deterrent which helps keep mosquitos away from the property

I have used the granules and spray before but don't know that it is really that effective--
especially since mosquitos can come from half a mile or more from your property...

anyone know anything about this system or have any reliable data about Cedarcide's effectiveness--
and something more reliable than the company's sales info...

This could be another bad year for West Nile...
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2013, 06:27 PM

10,537 posts, read 22,419,543 times
My sprinklers run from the municipal water supply, so I have no idea how you'd put an additive into the water.

Your best solution is to eliminate any standing water since that is where mosquitoes breed.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:23 AM

32,540 posts, read 51,070,183 times
of course your sprinkers are hooked up to city water--so are mine
but people have water softener systems added to the water system for their house before it goes into their plumbing system...
I am sure this is something that either is in the garage or unit maybe even underground that has a cedarcide container for liquid or a table that works like chlorine in your pool--
adds a little bit during the course of a sprinkler run...

Cedarcide itself wears off when I apply it--either in granules or spray--so I guess the idea is that applying it 2-3 times a week when you water keeps the mosquitos away better than doing it yourself every week or so...
the question is
does it really WORK--
considering how pervasive mosquitos can be in some locations--even if YOU have taken up every bit of standing wanter on your property--and the cost--
it might be something to consider...
but if it doesn't work--then the money is wasted...period...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth