Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2013, 07:04 PM

5 posts, read 13,417 times

Advertisements

My husband and I will be moving to Texas and he will be working at CEMCO (8600 Will Rogers Road, Fort Worth, TX 76140). Can I please get advice on a good safe neighborhood, with newer homes. We have a 7 year old so we want to find a good school district. Any advice on good elementary schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 07:13 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,620,838 times
Look in Burleson; its very family oriented and has good schools.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:16 PM

540 posts, read 1,101,073 times
Budget?

Desired commute time?

Absolute longest commute time willing to put up with?

Old 05-25-2013, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_nightowl View Post
Budget?

Desired commute time?

Absolute longest commute time willing to put up with?
We would be looking at houses that are around $150,000 to $190,000. No more than a 30 minute commute, maybe a little more if it's a really good neighborhood.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
Look in Burleson; its very family oriented and has good schools.
Thanks, I will look into Burleson! Is there a specific elementary school you would recommend in Burleson?

Old 05-25-2013, 12:08 PM

540 posts, read 1,101,073 times
I'm not very familiar with Burleson myself, but here are links to information on school ratings.

You can find information on the TEA's ratings of the schools here:
Texas Accountability Rating System
and you can also check out:
Region 11 Texas School Districts | TexasSchoolRatings.org
GreatSchools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community

Also, the Elementary Attendance Zone Map can be found on the Burleson ISD home page.
http://www.burlesonisd.net/home/?q=bisd/home

The TEA report shows 2 regular elementary schools that are rated exemplary...Clinkscale and Hajek. A 3rd is also rated exemplary, but it is not location based and must be applied for (The Academy at Nola Dunn).

Last edited by texas_nightowl; 05-25-2013 at 12:18 PM..

Old 05-25-2013, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_nightowl View Post
I'm not very familiar with Burleson myself, but here are links to information on school ratings.

You can find information on the TEA's ratings of the schools here:
Texas Accountability Rating System
and you can also check out:
Region 11 Texas School Districts | TexasSchoolRatings.org
GreatSchools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community

Also, the Elementary Attendance Zone Map can be found on the Burleson ISD home page.
BISD News and Announcements | Burleson Independent School District

The TEA report shows 2 regular elementary schools that are rated exemplary...Clinkscale and Hajek. A 3rd is also rated exemplary, but it is not location based and must be applied for (The Academy at Nola Dunn).
TEA ratings from 2011 (last published) show these elementaries in Burleson...all good ratings (exemplary is higher than Recognized, but recognized is great, too:

102 FRAZIER EL Recognized
103 MOUND EL Recognized
107 WILLIAM STRIBLING EL Recognized
108 BRANSOM EL Recognized
109 JUDY HAJEK EL Exemplary
111 IRENE CLINKSCALE EL Exemplary

Here are 2010 Ratings, just for a sanity check to see 2 years in a row so you can see for that 2-yr period any differences, tho really I wouldn't take that too seriously..the schools that tend to stay in top ratings have lots of pride...

FRAZIER EL Exemplary
103 MOUND ELEM Academically Acceptable
107 WILLIAM STRIBLING EL Exemplary
108 BRANSOM EL Exemplary
109 JUDY HAJEK EL Exemplary
111 IRENE CLINKSCALE EL Exemplary

And here's 2009 ratings....just for grins

102 FRAZIER EL Exemplary
103 MOUND ELEM Recognized
105 JACK TAYLOR EL Recognized
107 WILLIAM STRIBLING EL Exemplary
108 BRANSOM ELEMENTARY Exemplary
109 JUDY HAJEK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL Exemplary
Clinskscale was not around then

Old 05-25-2013, 01:42 PM

Here are new homes in your price range in all great elementary schools in Burleson by MLS# you can do a seach on MLS#xxxxx:

Old 05-27-2013, 08:17 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,585,380 times
Just remember that in Texas--school districts are INDEPENDENT of town boundaries
Burleson has lot of rural listings--
make sure that the house you are looking at is really zoned for particular district/school
AND know that districts that experience increased enrollment because of new housing construction can/will reapportion how their schools are zoned within the area...
meaning that they will change their catchment areas
that usually happens after one school year ends and another begins---
so a house that is in one elementary zone this might COULD be in another the next

your best bet is to check with the district itself to verify a particular address...
the districts' office are usually open all during the summer except for week or two in July

check realtor .com for your price range and locations
and be aware that TX has some of the weakest rules governing licensing of builders and building trades...
get a realtor who knows the local area well and builders

try to make sure your neighborhood is not built on fill dirt or will have NG wells or compressor farm close to it---there is lot of NG drilling in the Burleson area...
your probably won't get any mineral rights so there won't be any royalties in your future but you might have traffic from rigs, noise from them or compressor farms and other nuisances

drive around the area from different ways
lots of rural/farm roads in Burleson area and traffic can be slow at busy times...

You might also consider Aledo ISD area SW of FTW

there is new parkway/freeway that is being built SW of FTW that will take years to complete but it will make traveling into FTW lot easier for people in that part of the counties

Old 05-28-2013, 02:37 PM

36 posts, read 93,154 times
If you live in Burleson, bear in mind that the main route into Fort Worth, I-35W, is often congested with commuter traffic. Will Rogers Drive is still south of the city, so it misses some of the worst traffic, but on bad days the commute will be awful.

That said, I live due west of your husband's workplace. If you're looking for good public schools and newer homes nearby, Burleson is probably your best bet. Where I live is in Crowley ISD which is okay but not that great. Another area you may want to consider is Mansfield and Mansfield ISD. Lots of new homes and an up-and-coming school district. It is due east of your hubby's job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth