Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2013, 09:01 AM

55 posts, read 52,040 times

Advertisements

Hi all!
We are moving to Fort Worth and want to be located near the downtown area. We are looking at the following areas:

Arlington Heights, Ryan Place, and Fairmount

However, we have a few questions, we were hoping long time fort worth residents could answer about these areas!! Please shed some insight on your opinions for the following:

1. What is your general opinion of the area?
2. How safe is the area?
3. How is the traffic in the area?
4. How loud are the trains from these areas?

We don't have any kids, so we are not worried about schools.
Thank you for the insight!! =)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 11:28 AM

1,051 posts, read 1,696,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asknow123 View Post
Hi all!
We are moving to Fort Worth and want to be located near the downtown area. We are looking at the following areas:

Arlington Heights, Ryan Place, and Fairmount

However, we have a few questions, we were hoping long time fort worth residents could answer about these areas!! Please shed some insight on your opinions for the following:

1. What is your general opinion of the area?
2. How safe is the area?
3. How is the traffic in the area?
4. How loud are the trains from these areas?

We don't have any kids, so we are not worried about schools.
Thank you for the insight!! =)
I like all three, but I do have some reservations. Fairmount, IMO, is a bit of a riddle. At times I really like it b/c of its progressiveness and plethora of restaurants, pubs, cafes, concert venues etc. It is the most artsy/hip feeling part of the city. The downside is that it feels a bit juvenile at times; the hip factor is a bit over the top and forced feeling. I don't know, I have friends who live there and they love it. There's a lot of support for cycling, gardening, arts, music etc. which I think is great, and you're close to DT and the Trinity River is somewhat accessible too. Ryan Place seems a bit more established to me; perhaps the income levels are more uniform. In Fairmount you'll find four nice, well-kept homes and then a handful of complete downtrodden, crumbling homes. You'll have doctors and educators in one house with folks who seem to devote themselves to simply "hanging around" as a profession.

While both neighborhoods are close to areas that have traditionally had higher crime rates (particularly to the East and South) I don't get the sense that there are too many problems w/ safety.

Old 06-15-2013, 03:46 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,316,107 times
All 3 are great areas with, as the previous poster said, Fairmount definitely being the one that still has some growing up to do. All 3 also flirt with some low income area in and around their borders, but I would say that I generally don't hear complaints about any of them being unsafe. Traffic is just going to depend on where you're going. Local traffic in all 3 areas shouldn't be a problem. All 3 are close to downtown (if that's where you're working) with some temporary construction that might get in the way. (The 7th St. bridge that is between AH and dowtown is closed through the first part of November and the Chisolm Trail Parkway construction between Fairmount/RP and downtown is up through the end of 2014.) If you have a long commute to the north, east, or northeast, you're definitely looking at frustrating traffic. Train noise shouldn't be a major factor in a decision in any of these areas. Ryan Place is the only one that sits very close to a rail line and the traffic on that line is thin and not moving at a high speed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth