Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2015, 10:38 AM

922 posts, read 1,110,715 times

Advertisements

Hi! Does anyone know of a good preschool in the HEB area? We would prefer a school that is non-secular, as we are used to that type of preschool. Our youngest will be going into Pre-K and we don't qualify for any of the public school Pre-K programs, so having our 2 children at the same school is out.

Does anyone have any recommendations and/or advice? We would like to keep the monthly tuition at less than $250 a month- hopefully this is possible. TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 11:12 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,533,977 times
When you say "non-secular" that would lead me to believe you mean religious, but what you might be trying to say is non-sectarian, I think?

You might try Montessori, but most preschools in the area (the good ones) are ministries of well-supported churches.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:11 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Try Primrose on Central and Cheek Sparger but think your price point might be low

Churches can subsidize costs for their schools somewhat...
Those private ones have to make a profit...

And going to church pre-school was only "formal" religious exposure our daughter got--
It doesn't take so you don't have to worry about indoctrination...

Old 06-27-2015, 03:46 PM

You can't get through the door at Primrose for $250/mo. It is more of a daycare model, not a preschool/ Parent's Day Out type of program. It appeals to upper middle class double imcome parents who need all day, high quality childcare.

There are 2 Montessori schools in Colleyville and you will pay through the nose for each of them.

My friend who is (practicing) Hindu of Indian origin sent her boys to the same preschool as me which was a ministry of a Methodist church. She went in and had a conversation with the headmaster and it was fine! I think as long as you stick w/ Methodist or Episcopal (Not Anglican, not Baptist, not Bible church) preschools you will find there won't be an issue, unless you are a hardcore atheist and don't want them exposed to any Bible verses or stories of the world's religions. Basically what I'm trying to say is they will have Christmas parties and tell Bible stories but they are not going to have altar calls or anything like that. I see lots of St Vincent stickers but don't know anything about it- if they are Episcopal and not Anglican it could be an option for you.

Old 06-27-2015, 05:23 PM

922 posts, read 1,110,715 times
What I meant about being used to a non-secular school is that we've been sending our one child to a Presbyterian preschool for the past few years, the one that my husband attended, and I went to an Episcopalian preschool, so programs like that are what we're familiar with, not to mention all of our friends children go to religious-based schools, too. We're very lucky that our current preschool is so affordable and rated the highest in our area; the average tuition cost around here in CA is $400-600 a month for preschool.

I'm hoping that we can find some place that isn't more than $250 a month- we only want our child going 2-3 days a week and it definitely won't be for more than 3 hours, if that's available. Thanks for the input so far!

Old 06-27-2015, 06:52 PM

Ok so you did mean church- based. Kind of a different way of putting it, never heard "non secular" before. As stated, most preschools are affiliated w/ churches so just ask around your neighborhood. The popular ones where I am in Colleyville are at FBC Colleyville and Compass Church.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
View detailed profiles of: