Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2007, 04:28 AM

4 posts, read 23,877 times

Advertisements

Hi there!

I will be relocating to the Burleson area early next year and had a ton of questions.

1. What neighborhoods should I stay away from? Our Realtor said that no such neighborhoods really exist in Burleson.

2. Which Elem/Middle school is the best in your opinion?

3. Is Burleson a good place for young families?

4. Which county should we stay in or does it really make a difference?

5. Is there a lot of shoppings/things to do for kids?

We are making this move to be in the center of all of our family. It seems very nice on the outside but a little inside information would be great.

(: Southerngal

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 08:54 PM

12 posts, read 66,370 times
1. Your realtor is right, but the Alsbury corridor, E of 35 on Renfro, and along FM 731 are the newer areas.
2. Bransom is great, and the south part of town goes to N Joshua- which is excellent, North of Alsbury they are building a new school near Mistletoe Hill on McALister Rd to open 2008 or 2009... check out www.greatschools.net
3. Absolutely!
4. I live inside Burleson city limits and Tarrant County... it really makes no difference except you pay taxes to Tarrant and Johnson County if you live in an area like me... but it isn't double taxes, just the bill is split between two different collecting authorities. "Old Burlesonites" tend to prefer Johnson County, and I've heard more than one person refer to the Alsbury corridor as "South Dallas"- sarcastically referring to the proximity from the previously established part of Burleson. I love the shopping and dining variety in the Tarrant County portion, but since the liquor law has changed I think you will see more options on Wilshire and SE Renfro coming soon.
5. I have a toddler and we can't wait for the Little Gym to open this winter. There is a huge new movie theatre being built at 731/Wilshire. There is already a theatre on FM 1187 just north of Alsbury. Burleson is trying to build a rec center that will have a swimming facility. Burleson has nice parks. We have a new park in our neighborhood, but I often take my son to the Cindy Park in another neighborhood because it is completely fenced and has nice trees providing shade.
Shopping is awesome, and more stores are coming daily. We have many of the stores usually in malls (Zales, Pac Sun, Aeropostale, etc.), but in easier to shop "lifestyle centers." We have several of the big box stores, and something like 1 million sq. ft. o retail space to open in 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth