U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2013, 06:11 PM

3 posts, read 3,010 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are moving to FW in a few weeks and need to find a 3 bed 2 bath 2 car garage house to rent with a yard for our dog. We will be working at JPS hospital and want a commute less than 30min. We have no kids so dont care about schools. Just want a big enough rental house to store all our stuff while we find out what part of town we want to buy. Want low crime area so no one touches my toys, easy commute, good resturants/bars nearby. Most of the rentals that meet my criteria are South near Benbrook area, like Meadowcreek subdivision, but seeing some posts about increasing crime down there. Would appreciate any recommendations on good areas to live with managable commute so we can better focus our search. Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 08:24 PM

10,548 posts, read 22,451,777 times
What's your budget? That's going to be the biggest factor. The best parts of town within 30 minutes from JPS are Tanglewood, Ridglea, and Fairmount, but your budget will make a big difference...

Old 08-21-2013, 09:17 AM

3 posts, read 3,010 times
We would like to pay no more than $1000/month. But willing to increase a little for a better neighborhood. Thanks for the info.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:47 AM

10,548 posts, read 22,451,777 times
Ouch. That is a low budget for a 3/2/2 house, especially within 30 minutes from JPS and in a good neighborhood. Tanglewood is definitely out of the picture... If you could go to at least $1500, that would be more realistic.

Maybe try Burleson? Crowley also might be an option since you don't care about schools. You can also look in the Meadowbrook area of east Fort Worth, but be careful and look at the neighborhood crime maps.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:03 PM

12,481 posts, read 9,356,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dueyKU View Post
My wife and I are moving to FW in a few weeks and need to find a 3 bed 2 bath 2 car garage house to rent with a yard for our dog. We will be working at JPS hospital and want a commute less than 30min. We have no kids so dont care about schools. Just want a big enough rental house to store all our stuff while we find out what part of town we want to buy. Want low crime area so no one touches my toys, easy commute, good resturants/bars nearby. Most of the rentals that meet my criteria are South near Benbrook area, like Meadowcreek subdivision, but seeing some posts about increasing crime down there. Would appreciate any recommendations on good areas to live with managable commute so we can better focus our search. Thanks
Sounds like Benbrook might be a good spot

Old 08-22-2013, 05:25 PM

7 posts, read 11,736 times
If anything I think the Benbrook area is on the up & up, not increasing in crime. I could be mistaken?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth