Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX or Lakeland, FL
Dallas/Fort Worth Area 6 54.55%
Lakeland Area 5 45.45%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 10:39 AM

14 posts, read 19,163 times

Advertisements

I have narrowed my relocation to two areas: Lakeland, FL (since it is in-between two metro markets) or Dallas/FTW, TX (around Euless; in-between to metro markets). Which one do you like the best and why? General thoughts, etc...? Has anyone lived in both areas, that would like to share there opinions of each area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 04:32 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,973,115 times
I prefer DFW cuz Im from there.

Old 09-25-2013, 05:21 PM

14 posts, read 19,163 times
Default response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerntraveler View Post
I prefer DFW cuz Im from there.
Aside from family, are there some things in particular that you enjoy about the area (e.g. weather, restaurants, lakes, amusement parks, atmosphere, etc...)?

Old 09-26-2013, 09:03 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,757,816 times
My grandmother lived in Lakeland...in the 40's. She ended up back in TX and never left.

Have you visited either one? If not, I would recommend that. You're talking about 2 completely different environments. There are pros and cons to both.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:11 AM

540 posts, read 1,105,692 times
Lakeland and Euless may both be between major metro markets but completely differently. Now it has been years and years since I was around Lakeland but IIRC it truly was "separate" as in not a part of either Orlando or Tampa/St. Pete. So it truly was in between. The way things have grown, that may have changed, not sure.

Euless...not so much separate; at all. An awful lot of everything between Ft. Worth and Dallas runs together and you don't necessarily know when you're moving from one town to another. Euless is part of the metro area where Lakeland may not be.

Have you visited either one?

Old 10-01-2013, 02:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,112 times
I have not lived in Dallas but my husband has. We currently live in a suburb of Jacksonville Florida and we hate it! Florida is really humid, has bugs you have never heard of before and there is nothing to do in Jacksonville. There is going to be a lot of traffic year round with snow birds in Orlando and Tampa. If you want to go on vacation you have to drive a long distance because you are so southern.

We are moving to Frisco Texas in 2 1/2 years when my husband retires from the military and it cannot come soon enough. The humidity is a killer here, it seems you can never leave your windows down to air out your house.

Old 10-01-2013, 04:28 PM

2 posts, read 1,938 times
I have now lived in the DFW area for 3 years, but before that I spent 4 years in Lakeland for school. Let me tell you, LakeLand is not where you want to be. It is full of crime, and was the drug capital of the state for a long time I believe. Not to mention the few jobs that are available in the Lakeland area, where you have a great economy in DFW compared to most places. If it was me, I would never leave to go back to lakeland, sure it is close to Tampa and Orlando, still ain't worth it.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:43 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,973,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbowen3 View Post
Aside from family, are there some things in particular that you enjoy about the area (e.g. weather, restaurants, lakes, amusement parks, atmosphere, etc...)?
not really anymore except the Cowboys and Rangers...outgrew six flags....I love the heat and humidity....I love Waffle House....don't really go to the Metroplex much anymore
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
View detailed profiles of: