U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2007, 05:43 PM

6 posts, read 17,446 times

Advertisements

My family and I just got back from Fort Worth, TX. We were there for 5 days. My husband had a job interview at University of North Texas Health Science. We went out with a real estate agent to different developments. Unfortunately Keller which was the school district that I had investigated and thought we would go to turned out would be too long of a commute. This was from Arcadia Park. Then we saw Creekwood which is in the Eagle Mountain/Saginaw ISD. They have two brand new schools in front of the development and they still bus the kids even though they are tha t close. That one we liked alot until we went to Marine Creek Ranch (which we almost didn't go to) which also has the Eagle Mount/Saginaw ISD. THat one has Greenfield Elem. close by or even in the development. I think it also has Creekview Middle and Saginaw HIgh. I loved these big beautiful houses with such a reasonable price tag. The only drawback is that they are so close together (I heard like 5 ft. between the houses). So we are thinking should we move to a different area where there are older houses or stay in a development. I would like opinions. Are there areas where the houses are a little bit more seperated and still not too far from University of North TEXAS? My kids need special services so I also would like to know if Eagle Mount/Saginaw is good with that. Thanks for all your help.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2007, 07:06 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,049,323 times
Congratulations on your move. Is he going to be in Denton at UNT or a different campus?

A great site for schools, if you haven't checked it out before, is GreatSchools.net. It will give you specifics on testing, parent reviews and phone numbers so you can call them directly.

Make sure that when you see big homes at a lower price point that they are insulated well. I have heard a lot of stories of people getting a large house (say 2500/ft for 140K) only to find out that they have no insulation or radiant barriers and their energy bills are 500-600 a month. So just something to be cautious about.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:40 AM

6 posts, read 17,446 times
Default Marine Creek Ranch

He is going to be at UNT on Camp Bowie but he will be working out of Plaza Health and JPS. Don't really know if these are the exact names because I just got this info. this past weekend when we were there. The doctor that he spoke with gave him some names of neighborhoods (?) where some of the doctors live. Tanglewood, Benbrook, Hulen, and Aledo. Aledo was too far. We drove to see it (at night and I was not too comfortable driving on that road, too dark). I'm from NJ and I'm used to lights. The real estate agent said that her kids went to Tanglewood and its an excellent school but that the homes there are older and start at 300k which right now will not be good for us. I thought i would like a development but after seeing them, I don't want to have to look right into my neighbors windows or them looking in mine. What's might push me to stay in a development in the price of the home and what you get for the money. We are also worried about reselling. Do these homes resell well?
So anyway, what are traditional neighborhoods with more space, that we could look into that have good schools?

Old 11-21-2007, 11:08 AM

1,379 posts, read 6,049,323 times
Ahh okay so that makes sense. In the Hulen area, you will probably find homes with more property, but from my understanding they are older. I know that Benbrook has some really nice newer areas, but not sure what the price point is. I have more knowledge of the northern part of town rather than the southern.

There is a LOT of inventory on the market. It the house is priced properly they sell quick, if not I have seen houses sit on the market for more than a year.

Old 11-24-2007, 02:46 PM

5,412 posts, read 14,853,555 times
A good friend lives in MCR and she likes it there quite a bit. I live in a nearby dev. Yes, the houses are close together, maybe 8' apart. But you can get a larger/corner property that would give more room on the side. Since these are brick homes, I never had any noise issues. Get shades if you're concerned about in-home privacy.

I'm also originally from NJ. Traffic is nothing here in FW compared to NJ traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth