Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 11:04 AM

7 posts, read 10,355 times

Advertisements

wow... ok .. this is a def starting point for me ... lol.. wish I could afford 400k ! unfortunately my budget doesn't go over 260-275k...need min 3 BR 1.5BR .loved the house with the cottage out back... willing to buy something thats older... as long as it doesn't need an overhaul.. land is what I am looking for. Don't want to be too far out or too close to the hussle and bussel. Appreciate the help so far ... looking to come down in the summer for about a month to test the waters, so to speak. Make sure I like it...even though anything west of PA is better than this hell hole of a state...lmao.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2013, 04:28 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,854,435 times
That budget will not buy much land at all within a 30-minute commute. If you look to the north and west of the Alliance hub, you will find some places. The towns are Boyd, Paradise and Rhome. Yes, the houses will be smaller and older in that price range...

Old 11-09-2013, 06:21 AM

24,479 posts, read 10,804,014 times
That budget will put you in a subdivision or out of a 30 minute commute.

Old 11-14-2013, 04:56 PM

I don't want to exceed 250-275K on the house... want to have a min of 3-4 acres... was looking on the south-west side of FW ..that seems to be where I can get more bang for my buck and still be within 30 minutes of the nearest shopping/ walmart.
Don't know how accurate the school ratings are on Realtor.com ... looking for schools with a rating of 8 or better.How far is to the Cowboys stadium ? lol.. this is a selling point for my husband ...if I can convince him to go.

Old 11-14-2013, 05:55 PM

Southwest Fort Worth to Alliance is going to be a very long commute for your husband.

Seriously: look at Wise County. Boyd, Paradise, Rhome, etc.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcool4u View Post
I don't want to exceed 250-275K on the house... want to have a min of 3-4 acres... was looking on the south-west side of FW ..that seems to be where I can get more bang for my buck and still be within 30 minutes of the nearest shopping/ walmart.
Don't know how accurate the school ratings are on Realtor.com ... looking for schools with a rating of 8 or better.How far is to the Cowboys stadium ? lol.. this is a selling point for my husband ...if I can convince him to go.
Look at a current road map! You do not see to realize the distances. Amazon just opened in Haslet/Alliance. That means almost 1000 employees and their entourage are looking for bang for the buck within a reasonable commute.

Old 11-29-2013, 09:53 AM

Default Budget and what I am looking for

I have been doing a LOT of research and the more I do ..the more confused I become...lol.. My budget for a home is MAX 275k .. I want property and possibly a second home on the property for my parents. I am looking for a town that has its own shopping and such... I want that small town feeling, but NEED a super walmart to be within 30 minutes. I know thats a lot to ask, and I am willing to look in any are around Dallas/ Fort Worth that has good school districts. I see a ton of homes for sale, but the schools don't get great ratings... I'm stumped, but plan on taking a trip this spring or summer to check things out. Want to spend at least 2 weeks to a month checking it out, so I don't want to wander aimlessly around... any really good realtors that can give me the skinny while I'm there would also help.

Old 11-29-2013, 12:00 PM

Now you need TWO homes on acreage for under $275k?!?! Seriously: look into mobile/modular/manufactured housing. That's the only way you are going to get even close to what you are looking for. And finding this within 30 minutes of a Super Walmart...maybe in the Azle or Saginaw areas?

Most of the rural areas are not known for excellent schools. The best schools are mostly in the suburbs, where your budget will buy a " normal" house in a subdivision.

Old 11-29-2013, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Now you need TWO homes on acreage for under $275k?!?! Seriously: look into mobile/modular/manufactured housing. That's the only way you are going to get even close to what you are looking for. And finding this within 30 minutes of a Super Walmart...maybe in the Azle or Saginaw areas?

Most of the rural areas are not known for excellent schools. The best schools are mostly in the suburbs, where your budget will buy a " normal" house in a subdivision.
Christie - you find it in Saginaw - I will buy it:>)

Old 12-02-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post

Like I said .. I have been doing my research and I did come across a couple of pcs of property with 2 HOMES or additional acerage with an additional HOME on it... geez .. they are out there.. and the're NOT mobile or module homes either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth