Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2013, 11:03 PM

24 posts, read 33,407 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am currently in the Active Duty Army and in the process of getting out. I am married and going to continue my service in the Army Reserves in Seagoville.

I am still in the process of looking for a job. I do not have any idea where I would like to stay. I have saved a substantial amount of money to hold me down for awhile.

I have no true preference on the type of house (apt/house), but I would like a safe neighborhood that is not too expensive. I would rather drive than to be living in the middle of the city.

I have never lived in TX. I only prefer it since it is military and gun friendly. I come from a small island of Guam and lived there for pretty much 23years.

Any recommendations/opinions are appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 04:47 AM

11,855 posts, read 26,876,979 times
See my reply on your post in the Dallas board. You need to find a job before you decide where to live.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:15 AM

24,547 posts, read 10,869,900 times
You and your wife may want to visit the DFW area before moving. Explore your options prior to making a permanent commitment. For many newcomers the summers are a major adjustment. What are your needs/wants/have tos? What do you plan to do for work besides joining the Reserves? Commutes can be very long so you may want to look into the job market prior to signing a lease or buying a home.

Old 11-21-2013, 09:42 PM

232 posts, read 360,675 times
You should explore DFW first, Dallas-Fort Worth is made up of lots of cities that have there own downtowns, culture, and activities. Here are some of the cities you should consider:
Dallas
Fort Worth
Irving
Plano
McKinney
Richardson
Frisco
Grand Prairie
Denton
Grapevine
North Richland Hills
South Lake
Arlington
The Colony

It is weird when someone mentions a suburb in DFW because Dallas and Fort Worth have their suburbs but those suburbs also have suburbs, For example Irving is a suburb of Dallas, but Irving has surrounding towns that are considered suburbs of Irving, So my point being do you research before moving to DFW there are many many many cities, suburbs, and towns to chose from, finding a job in DFW should not be that difficult, depending on what job you want can help you decide where to live in!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth