Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2013, 03:34 PM

2 posts, read 4,225 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to Fort Worth for work and I'd appreciate some suggestions of what neighborhoods to look in for apartments. My work is over by Harmon Field Park. I'm looking for a single bedroom apartment around 700-800. I'm willing to go up in rent to cut down on a long commute. I'm looking for somewhere near other 20-something professionals. I don't need swanky downtown nightlife (most suggestions I've seen have been trendy and pricey) , but I don't want to be surrounded by only families. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2013, 08:06 PM

11,799 posts, read 26,587,325 times
Harmon Field Park is just northeast of downtown. (Tarrant Regional Water District?) Your best options will honestly be something close to downtown, or along University Drive north of I30. There are a few older apartment complexes near the intersection of University and White Settlement that are decent. You might also consider finding a roommate so you could afford to live in West 7th...

Be careful going much further north or east from your work as the neighborhoods get sketchy pretty quickly.

Old 12-11-2013, 11:38 PM

2,413 posts, read 3,453,399 times
I think you should check out the near southside neighborhood. That area has really cleaned up, and has a very good vibe. Here's a list of places for rent:

Property Listings | Fort Worth South, Inc.
Homes of Parker Commons - Availability, Floor Plans & Pricing

Old 12-11-2013, 11:48 PM

656 posts, read 1,346,019 times
I would not recommend park commons. Not surrounded by a good area. East the fwy is terrible and west of the fwy is just "okay"

Old 12-11-2013, 11:56 PM

2,413 posts, read 3,453,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebuch View Post
I would not recommend park commons. Not surrounded by a good area. East the fwy is terrible and west of the fwy is just "okay"
I would have agreed with you a couple of years ago, but I've been there recently and it has changed dramatically. Very happy to see the restoration of Magnolia street. I don't even like Fort Worth, but I'd live in this neighborhood, and not worry about my safety.

Old 12-12-2013, 03:05 AM

656 posts, read 1,346,019 times
Magnolia where the restaurants are is fine but there are plenty of bad pockets surrounding that area. If original poster or anyone else wants more info on it just pm me. I work that area every night so I know it very well.

Old 12-12-2013, 12:52 PM

2 posts, read 4,225 times
Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm planning on coming up with a short list of candidate locations and have a week after I get there to check them out, so I'll make sure to drive through the areas first to check them out.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:52 PM

54 posts, read 108,280 times
west 7th .. all the places are pricey but there's a lot going on there.

western center blvd off i35. turn right to fossil creek or left; apts on both sides. cheaper than west 7th, new and safe and relatively easy commute to a lot of things
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth