Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2014, 02:04 PM

34 posts, read 87,411 times

Advertisements

I'm not too familiar with the surrounding areas near Ft. Worth besides like Weatherford...Anyway, I was wondering if there are areas surrounding Ft. Worth where you can get a home and maybe and acre or so? We have three kids ages 4, 6, and 8 so need a good family community too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2014, 02:18 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,854,435 times
What's your budget?
Where will you be commuting to for work?
Do you want a place where you can keep livestock, or just a big yard?

Old 01-05-2014, 01:29 AM

1,632 posts, read 3,325,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEVmom View Post
I'm not too familiar with the surrounding areas near Ft. Worth besides like Weatherford...Anyway, I was wondering if there are areas surrounding Ft. Worth where you can get a home and maybe and acre or so? We have three kids ages 4, 6, and 8 so need a good family community too.
Not sure what your budget is, or where you'd be commuting to, but we just moved into the area back in August and are completely in love with our area.

We live on the east side of Keller (Davis and Southlake Blvd), all of the homes are on between .75 and 2.0 acres... mature trees, no street lights. Some of the sub-neighborhoods have deed restrictions, others don't... just depends on what you're looking for. Zoned to great schools (Florence is our elementary school -- 10 on Greatschools and is a Blue Ribbon school), about 5 minutes away from Southlake town center / Costco / Super Target / etc. Commute downtown Fort Worth is consistently 40 - 45 minutes each way.

Neighbors are all great too! When we moved in we had at least four families bring us pies or cookies, and last week when I was raking my leaves on New Year's day, 2 of my neighbors (both retired) saw me outside and grabbed their rakes to come over and help!

This property is just a few streets down to give you an idea of what the area has (1456 Sandhill Ct, Keller, TX 76262 - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - realtor.com®)

Most of the houses are older (late 80's, early 90's) but almost all I've seen have been updated. Wide range of prices from low $200's all the way up giant estates for $10M+. Our agent was a rock star if you need some help looking (our second one was at least... we fired the first one after about 2 hours...)

Old 01-05-2014, 04:54 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEVmom View Post
The Aledo area is good

Old 01-05-2014, 04:50 PM

394 posts, read 1,256,535 times
The areas near and around Burleson have homes on acre+ lots, some are even zoned for Mansfield ISD. A lot of that area qualifies as semi-rural, also. It is worth a look.

Good luck.

-Eric

Old 01-06-2014, 07:46 AM

954 posts, read 1,549,191 times
I've always liked Decatur which is north and west of Fort Worth, it's one of my favorite Fort Worth suburbs.
Seems you can see forever from some locations in that town.

Old 01-07-2014, 12:55 PM

34 posts, read 87,411 times
Thanks for the input. We homeschool so school district doesn't matter. But it would be nice to not be too far out so that we can get into Ft. Worth. Someone mentioned Keller is 40-45 min. That's good. Our budget would be around 200K, I think.

Old 01-08-2014, 05:14 AM

32 posts, read 119,624 times
the Burleson area has already been mention but you could go a little west towards Joshua/Godley or Cleburne area. with the new toll road that runs from downtown FtW to SW Ftw to Cleburne hopefully alleviate the traffic jams on 35W - south.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth