Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 06:48 PM

56 posts, read 106,694 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Charlotte, NC and am exploring a possible move to Ft. Worth.

I have done some online research and note that South Lake, Trophy Club, and Keller seem to be nice towns in the above-noted price range. Can anyone provide further suggestions or comments?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 07:02 PM

11,856 posts, read 26,876,979 times
Where will your work be located? Are schools important?

It would also be worth looking in the southwest part of Fort Worth itself. There are some very nice homes there, too.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:12 PM

I am a lawyer and would look for work in downtown. Schools are important. Thanks for your help.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:49 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,535,469 times
What is your commute threshold? You might consider Aledo especially if you have any desire for acre plus lots, and if your kids love sports and/or horses. Zip code 76008. About a 30 min commute depending on traffic to downtown. It's basically a bedroom community for downtown FW so you would be in good company.

I'm not convinced that the in-town Tanglewood-McLean-Paschal track is anything other than sketchy at this point. Yes, they graduate Nat'l Merit scholars like no other school in FWISD- guess what? Because their sweet parents that can't afford privates camp overnight to enroll them there for the "school within a school." So the numbers, IMHO are skewed- those kids are coming from all over, not just the feeder pattern. Trophy Club and Keller (Northwest ISD and Keller ISD)- They're worth a look- so many factors at play. Do you like new construction, big homes, master planned communities or do you want to be in town with trees and an older home or do a tear- down? Schools are important, no doubt, but so much depends on your family's activities/dynamic.

If you want to go the private route, as ChristieP said, take a look in SW FW in Mira Vista. Really nice club with golf, pool and tennis, and nice homes built in the late 90s. That will give you close access to FW Country Day and Trinity Valley. All Saints is out west, and there is a newer community near there called Montserrat on Loop 820 with access to downtown, but I'm not sure if your price point will get you there.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:12 PM

11,856 posts, read 26,876,979 times
I can say that the commute from Southlake/Trophy Club to downtown Fort Worth is 45 minutes each way on a good day. Keller is a little closer, but with 35W all torn up with construction for the next 5 years, that's not any better.

Do check out the Paschal HS feeder pattern. I have several coworkers who definitely could afford privates that choose to send their kids there and are very happy with it.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:28 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
I can say that the commute from Southlake/Trophy Club to downtown Fort Worth is 45 minutes each way on a good day. Keller is a little closer, but with 35W all torn up with construction for the next 5 years, that's not any better.

Do check out the Paschal HS feeder pattern. I have several coworkers who definitely could afford privates that choose to send their kids there and are very happy with it.
I believe that most homes in the greater TCU area (within FW proper) are zoned to Paschal. I would definitely, OP, check out the Colonial, Overton Park, and Tanglewood areas. These areas would be a 10-15 minute low-stress drive to downtown.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:31 PM

1,783 posts, read 2,572,396 times
Colonial, Overton Park, Tanglewood are beautiful neighborhoods. Colleyville would be worth a look too.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:05 PM

Thank you for the suggestions.

Old 03-26-2014, 11:22 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,119,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGrantham View Post
I am a lawyer and would look for work in downtown. Schools are important. Thanks for your help.
If you work downtown, I would personally never go that far. I would go for the great older neighborhoods; Rivercrest, Colonial, TCU, Arlington Heights, Parkhill.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:33 AM

156 posts, read 283,972 times
I live in the Tanglewood-McLean-Paschal feeder area and my son goes to Tanglewood. I second all the posts above that are suggesting to look into SW Fort Worth. No reason to have to deal with a commute. The schools are great and you can't beat the area. With your budget you could get a house right along Overton Park or buy new, though there are many home much more expensive. Plus that whole area is becoming very desirable with a lot of real estate development occuring such as the Clearfork Development.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth