Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2014, 11:46 AM

833 posts, read 1,886,584 times

Advertisements

I am trying to help my elderly father find a Realtor. He has a beautiful town home over looking a golf course in East Fort Forth off Randall Mill close to 820. He totally gutted and renovated the place less than 2 years ago. Taxes are next to nothing and HOA which covers everything exterior is only $332 a month for 3 beds and 2.5 baths. He is hoping it will sell for at least 75k.

Any recommendations on a great Realtor? I refuse to list with a part time Realtor or one that just wants another listing to put up but puts in no effort and can actually return a phone call. We have tried the craigslist avenue however everyone wants to buy it but no one is qualified for a loan and we refuse to let him do owner finance.

Thank you for all your help in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2014, 10:50 AM

Got a PM, but no responses on this thread? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-06-2014, 04:25 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,444,863 times
Go with the local ReMax or Keller Williams agency. Talk with the agents, see what they provide in terms of CMAs, etc.

If the home is priced right, the selling agent for the buyers become more important as they will bring the buyers. Allow CEntralized Showing to handle the showings, be open to showing times.

Good luck.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:28 AM

Thank you for the suggestions, any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Looking at getting it listed by this weekend.

Old 05-18-2014, 08:27 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
CLEAN IT!
and I mean clean it--
take any personal effects like family photos, deer heads, trophies or knick-knacks off the walls and any shelves--pack them away so they are ready to move and take them to your house so they aren't stacked in bedroom or garage...

straighten the garage and patio area--add some flowers around the front porch in pots or beds for color and curb appeal

make sure any leaking faucets, doors that don't close, missing handles, gutters emptied, blown light bulbs are fixed prior to taking photos and showing

CLEAN IT!--including the front porch and patio area--a home can never be too clean prior to listing/showing
consider having the windows cleaned professionally and make sure yard looks good--
if you have pets use some type of constant air freshener w/o a heavy scent and clean the litter box daily--certainly if there is going to be a showing--
don't leave dogs loose--kennel or take with when you leave--
have been in several homes where people let their cats walk around and they can get out if whoever is looking doesn't even know they are inside--

make sure the agent knows how to take GOOD photos--MLS allows 21 photos of most listings and there should be excellent shots used--think about what you are showing--don't include things like inside of closet unless it is large and organized...
don't show a kitchen with clutter on counters, dishes in sink, or pots on stove (believe me people do)
many agents won't hire a professional photographer because of cost but it can make all the difference in getting people in the door to see it in person...

Pay attention to the comps the agent is using to help price this house--
compare with what your dad's is like--and see if you agree--
if not ask for very specific reason
our agent who listed our house did great job on comps/pricing and came in with higher suggested price than another agent we asked to give us a quote--
the agent we went with also did a very professional presentation of the information

we sold/closed within 30 days of list--

Old 05-19-2014, 10:19 AM

1,206 posts, read 1,535,469 times
Good advice from both Rakin and Loves2read. I have to tell you- be VERY realistic with your expectations on pricing. There are certainly nice pockets in East FW but the public schools there are terrible. Luckily he has a townhome to sell, not a single family home, so your pool of buyers will hopefully not be super concerned with schools. But, there's a crime problem over on that side of 820 because of the low income apts. I would imagine it's not a popular area for single women or young professionals that want to be in the "cool" parts of town. I worked over there for about 7 years, and I do think it is getting better, but it has a ways to go. Best of luck to your dad! I hope he can sell quickly.

Old 05-24-2014, 07:55 PM

8 posts, read 24,453 times
Denyse Zamora Keller Williams she is a very nice realtor that will take good care of your dad. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
View detailed profiles of: