Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 07:22 PM

156 posts, read 243,552 times

Advertisements

Fort Worth is a major city that anchors a metro area, and is not a suburb of any city whatsoever.

There is a reason that our metro area is called the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. Same with our international airport.

(Hint: There are two metro anchors, not one like most metros)
__________________________________________________ __

Fort Worth has just about everything that other major cities have:

Fort Worth has a central business district
Fort Worth has urban neighborhoods surrounding downtown
Fort Worth has a hospital district
Fort Worth has a museum/cultural district
Fort Worth has its own zoo
Fort Worth has its own freeway loop
Fort Worth anchors a metro area

Both Fort Worth and Dallas were started in the mid 1800s (30 miles apart-same distance as DC and Baltimore), and both became nationally important cities in the early 1900s. They were separate metro areas until their suburbs grew together. Fort Worth would still be a major city if the other major city in close proximity didn't exist. If anything, Dallas is holding Fort Worth back.

Please, take a look at Fort Worth and gain some knowledge about our city:

https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.7...69086&t=h&z=13

https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.7...01.93,,1,-5.35

Thanks, Dylan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2014, 07:27 PM

Yes, I have made a post similar to this before, but figured that I would make this a thread to combat ignorance.

Here are a few YouTube video tours of our CBD/downtown:

FORT WORTH WILD HIGH SPEED CHASE! - YouTube

Downtown Fort Worth, TX At Night - YouTube

Old 05-21-2014, 06:36 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,808,209 times
As much as I hate it, there's almost no point in starting threads like this.

There are people who just won't seem to understand...

Old 05-21-2014, 02:47 PM

I figured that I would at least try.

My hope is that someone who is clueless about Fort Worth will see this at some point and come to realize who we are.

I am also thinking that I can link back to this thread whenever I get into an argument with someone else who doesn't get it.

Old 05-21-2014, 03:55 PM

1,006 posts, read 1,296,738 times
How can you not realize that the guy you were arguing with in the Weather Channel thread was trolling you guys? There's no need to keep it going. It's not a winnable argument for you because he won the minute you responded. That's what he was looking for.

Old 05-21-2014, 05:28 PM

18,965 posts, read 32,474,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbb303 View Post
How can you not realize that the guy you were arguing with in the Weather Channel thread was trolling you guys? There's no need to keep it going. It's not a winnable argument for you because he won the minute you responded. That's what he was looking for.
I'll assume you're referring to me. I wasn't trolling, I genuinely think it's something stupid to get so upset about. I didn't even notice that Weather Channel/Ft Worth thread was even moved to this forum from the City vs City forum and probably would have never even responded past my first post except the OP in this thread actually sent me a DM wanting me to respond. If anyone was looking for an argument, it wasn't me, it was the OP in this thread.

Old 05-21-2014, 05:41 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,921,354 times
People are strange, that's for sure.

I don't understand the fixation on this topic. Anybody who's been to Ft Worth knows it's a city. Most people who haven't been there know it too.

Dallas is the bigger city, and until recently it was twice as big.

People would love to learn about the city, but they'll be turned off by your attitude. Why not start a positive thread, rather than sounding like you have a chip on your shoulder?

I am not trolling.

Old 05-21-2014, 05:53 PM

1,006 posts, read 1,296,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I'll assume you're referring to me. I wasn't trolling, I genuinely think it's something stupid to get so upset about.
That may be the case, but a look at the types of threads you routinely respond to (___vs.___) makes you look like the type of poster that picks a side and pokes a stick at the other side. Just being honest here.

Versus topics, (blank) is better than (blank), what is your favorite (blank)...all the lowest common denominator of internet discussion. There's very little objective discussion that can take place. Everybody has an opinion and the minute someone starts telling someone else their opinion is wrong, the discussion runs off the rails.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:05 PM

18,965 posts, read 32,474,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbb303 View Post
That may be the case, but a look at the types of threads you routinely respond to (___vs.___) makes you look like the type of poster that picks a side and pokes a stick at the other side. Just being honest here.

Versus topics, (blank) is better than (blank), what is your favorite (blank)...all the lowest common denominator of internet discussion. There's very little objective discussion that can take place. Everybody has an opinion and the minute someone starts telling someone else their opinion is wrong, the discussion runs off the rails.
Well what types of threads do you think a sub-forum called "city vs city" will generally have exactly? That's kind of the whole nature and point of that sub-forum. I'm not too concerned how that makes me look to you or any other anonymous internet posters anyways lol.

I'm not sure what exactly your point is or why you're bothering telling us your opinion on what you think of certain types of threads. You're right everyone does have an opinion and look at how several people blew up at my initial one in that thread letting me know how wrong I was.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
People are strange, that's for sure.

I don't understand the fixation on this topic. Anybody who's been to Ft Worth knows it's a city. Most people who haven't been there know it too.

Dallas is the bigger city, and until recently it was twice as big.

People would love to learn about the city, but they'll be turned off by your attitude. Why not start a positive thread, rather than sounding like you have a chip on your shoulder?

I am not trolling.
The point of this thread is to get people to realize we are not just a city, but a metro anchor. Most people think the other metro anchor in the metroplex is the only one.

How could I make a thread like this more positive while still getting people to realize that Fort Worth is a metropolis/metro anchor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth