Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2016, 10:00 AM

286 posts, read 378,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Trinity River Vision lands 200 unit multifamily project. I am praying this development is urban in nature. From my understanding the building code is strict for the Panther Island development.

Trinity River Vision lands multifamily project - News - Mobile

Any word on affordable housing? haha I don't think there are enough "artist's" and "professionals" in this beautiful city to fill those plans in downtown and panther island with $1400 studios and $2100 one bedroom apartments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2016, 05:44 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,789,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringamac92 View Post
Any word on affordable housing? haha I don't think there are enough "artist's" and "professionals" in this beautiful city to fill those plans in downtown and panther island with $1400 studios and $2100 one bedroom apartments.
Hopefully they build some affordable housing. But judging from the West and 7th development the average Joe will be priced out.

Old 01-23-2016, 01:17 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,780,976 times
Quote:
It's going to have waterfront property and a "Houseboat District". I highly doubt it was meant for folks on minimum wage.

This will basically be our Uptown. (In fact, that was going to be the name for it)

Old 01-23-2016, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
It's going to have waterfront property and a "Houseboat District". I highly doubt it was meant for folks on minimum wage.

This will basically be our Uptown. (In fact, that was going to be the name for it)
I definitely agree with you. There is a demographic that Dallas has missed in its development. I am sure that teachers, nurses, social workers etc would love to live in the core. Every professional is not pulling in a $100,000 dollar salary you know. I think the city does need to build more mixed income housing in the downtown region. The desire should not be for Fort Worth to become the next Austin. Austin rental rates are off the charts in the downtown region. I would like to see a wide variety of people and professionals living downtown.

Old 01-23-2016, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
I definitely agree with you. There is a demographic that Dallas has missed in its development. I am sure that teachers, nurses, social workers etc would love to live in the core. Every professional is not pulling in a $100,000 dollar salary you know. I think the city does need to build more mixed income housing in the downtown region. The desire should not be for Fort Worth to become the next Austin. Austin rental rates are off the charts in the downtown region. I would like to see a wide variety of people and professionals living downtown.
As far as The Core Hoods go, I would expect to see more mixed-income housing around the Stockyards, the Near Southside, and even West 7th (in the older neighborhoods), not on Panther Island.

Old 01-29-2016, 03:31 PM

Default Downtown

Hooters is coming to downtown.

And I wouldn't make a big deal out of this, but some people are.

Too bad too bad their complaints don't matter. It opens in City Place, June.

Old 01-29-2016, 04:33 PM

286 posts, read 378,640 times
Quote:
Hooters is coming to downtown.

And I wouldn't make a big deal out of this, but some people are.

Too bad too bad their complaints don't matter. It opens in City Place, June.

Isn't City Place the old Renovated Tandy Center Buildings? if so then heck yes! That retail space (last I went, which has been a while) was vacant for a while. That part of downtown was a dead zone.

Old 01-30-2016, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Isn't City Place the old Renovated Tandy Center Buildings? if so then heck yes! That retail space (last I went, which has been a while) was vacant for a while. That part of downtown was a dead zone.
Yes it is and actually, it's seen a barbershop, Jimmy Johns, 2 high profile restaurants coming, and now Hooters. It has that section of Throckmorton has seen a much needed shift in activity lately.

But the REAL reason why that part of downtown is a dead zone is because of the Renaissance Worthington hotel, which takes up 3 whole city blocks and has a giant blank wall with a garage on the Throckmorton side.

Old 02-01-2016, 03:48 PM

Rumored TWU football/Ft. Worth Vaqueros stadium:

Old 02-01-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Rumored TWU football/Ft. Worth Vaqueros stadium:
Where will this be located? This is great news. If this is built near TWU campus this would be great for the revitalization of the Poly area. From my understanding TWU is also adding a lacrosse team as well. I would think some high school football games could be held at the stadium as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth