Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2014, 10:14 PM

10 posts, read 14,886 times

Advertisements

I am most likely moving to Ft Worth - I work for myself and my office will be somewhere downtown.

Price range is $500K-$750K.

Single - no kids.

Pet - have a german shepherd - need a fenced yard or some open space.

Not interested in condo.

Ideal house between 1750-2750 sq ft w/ backyard.

I like older homes.

Would like a more established area with foods ect within few miles.

Which areas should I be looking in ? I was told around TCU.

Any zip codes would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 10:46 PM

216 posts, read 280,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beretta682e View Post
I am most likely moving to Ft Worth - I work for myself and my office will be somewhere downtown.

Price range is $500K-$750K.

Single - no kids.

Pet - have a german shepherd - need a fenced yard or some open space.

Not interested in condo.

Ideal house between 1750-2750 sq ft w/ backyard.

I like older homes.

Would like a more established area with foods ect within few miles.

Which areas should I be looking in ? I was told around TCU.

Any zip codes would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Arlington Heights (76107) might fit the bill. It's just west of downtown and most of the homes are older, but be sure to stay out of Como!!

Old 07-28-2014, 11:13 PM

540 posts, read 1,106,137 times
Well, zip codes can be helpful but even so, you will have to be careful within zip codes. Your price range though is more than adequate.

That said...
76109 is the TCU/Tanglewood/Bellaire/Overton Park/Westcliff area zip code
76110 (Fairmount, Mistletoe Heights, Ryan Place, Berkeley Place)
76107 (Cultural District, Monticello, Arlington Heights, but avoid Como)
76104 (Near Southside, Magnolia Ave., just a small part of this zip code)

There are some really beautiful looking homes in your price range.

Some of the communities have websites...some more up to date than others...note, these are not HOA's, they are voluntary neighborhood associations.
Mistletoe Heights Association
historicfairmount.com - Home
RP
Magnolia Avenue Restaurant Row | Fort Worth South, Inc.
Arlington Heights Neighborhood Association

Old 07-29-2014, 11:29 AM

165 posts, read 396,754 times
The areas that TX Nightowl mentioned all have historic homes and nice streetscapes. Moderator cut: please share details via PM You'll need to PM me or search through the make me move listings as any additional information might be considered advertizing. There are also some brand new apartments coming online on the south end of Samuels Avenue should you wish to rent for a while before deciding where to live-they are within walking distance of the Courthouse, Tarrant County College, and Sundance Square. Folks in the apartments are frequently seen walking their dogs outside so they are definitely allowed. We've lived in the neighborhood for 25 years and love its central downtown location and semi-rural feel on the Trinity Bluffs above the river. Fort Worth has many lovely neighborhoods to call home and as noted, your budget allows for many choices in different neighborhoods. The West 7th-Museum/Cultural District area has quite a few new upscale food venues but lacks the historic homes. Magnolia Avenue anchors the north end of the Fairmount-Southside Historic District and it is becoming a trendy area with a number of food venues. Take your time and take a careful look around-I'm sure you'll find exactly what you are looking for. Good luck with your search and welcome to Fort Worth.

Last edited by Acntx; 07-30-2014 at 09:06 AM..

Old 07-29-2014, 02:13 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,690,784 times
Mistletoe Heights is very nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth