Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 10:38 PM

49 posts, read 137,675 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Keller next friday & I don't know a soul. I'm needing some advice on Pediatricains, Internists, dermatologists, dentist, any mom's groups, hair salons, any suggestions on fun things to do for families....Well pretty much any insite you can give me would be great.
Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 07:58 AM

53 posts, read 242,264 times
We are still pretty new and haven't figured everyhting out yet, but I know there are mom's clubs in the area, also meetup.com is a great place to find playdate groups in the Keller area. I'm not sure how old your kids are, but there is a place called Let's Jump. You pay admission once and then can come and go all day which is pretty cool. All of the libraries have very nice storytimes. We attend the Southlake one frequently. There are also quite a few nice parks and of course Keller Pointe, which has classes, 2 hour increments of childcare, a gym, and both indoor and outdoor pools. Check the keller website for events and info on Keller pointe, parks etc. Also, just google dfw kids to find a ton of stuff to do in the area

Old 02-10-2009, 10:16 AM

4 posts, read 14,222 times
Don’t know a soul here in Fort Worth and I’m desperately searching for couples that have children in the age bracket of and around 8 months old. It isn’t easy finding social outing including other people with a laid back attitude. Our Goal is to set up play dates for our child, dinner parties that include games and other social events that are mild mannered. If you are interested or know of any support groups for parents feel free to contact us through this posting. Thank you,C. K.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:26 AM

1,379 posts, read 6,403,427 times
Hi Carrie - We had the same thing other than our daughter was 3 when we moved here. Since your little one is a little younger, it will probably be a little tougher.

We met most of our friends through activities that we started her in such as swimming and dance. You may try Kindermusik as that is a good age activity that you can meet people that have the same age kids. Also AquaKids in Heritage does have a Mommy and Me swim class that is very popular.

Church is a biggie for meeting people here, but we aren't church goers but there are other ways to meet people. When your little one can walk, we really like Jump for Fun in Southlake because they have a little area cordoned off and different times for ages and there are a lot of mom's groups there that you can hook up with. The last time we went, I met someone there, but I haven't followed up. She was telling me about a big Mom's Group that is very active in the area.

Old 02-10-2009, 12:56 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,582,273 times
Check out your local library for Toddler story time and start attending. You will likely meet many other parents and go from there to see if you click with any.

Do the same at parks when the weather is nice.

Both those will typically have families from your own area, which makes being friends much easier.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:24 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,480,896 times
I would also suggest the local library or even ones in surrounding towns that might be close to your neighborhood...
also the meetup site has lots of searchable information

angie's list has started ratings for doctors but some people don't approve of fact that it is service that people pay to join either as poster/search or the companies listed...

Old 02-14-2009, 07:54 PM

75 posts, read 191,609 times
My child goes to Crowley Independent School district. I am looking for an after school program from 3:30 to 7:00 p.m.

Old 02-15-2009, 04:33 AM

358 posts, read 1,070,918 times
Amom,

I suggest you join Mamasource.com and ask questions there. There are many Keller moms there with various aged children.

For pediatricians, try Dr. Omar Gomez. It's a very busy office but we like it there. 817-337-5503

Old 02-17-2009, 12:02 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,839,466 times
The Keller pointe has tons of activites for kids and camps in the summer etc...
The playground at the pointe and Bear creek park are great places to meet other mom's and kids when the weather is nice.

Here's a mommy and me website for keller Mommy & Me Playtime (Keller, TX) - Meetup.com

mom's meet ups keller Hot Mamas & Lil Cuties Playgroup (Keller, TX) - Meetup.com (http://www.meetup.com/onehotmama/ - broken link)

here's stroller fit in Keller Welcome to StrollerFit® Keller , TX (http://www.strollerfit.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=franchise.franchisePage&franc hiseid=8E3387E7-7E90-9BD4-C200872F3FF940DC - broken link)

spanish immersion classes Spanish Education | Keller, TX (http://www.caminitospanishschool.com/Program.html - broken link)

There is the Little gym

Find a Meetup Group Near You! - Playgroup Meetups - Keller

MOPS (mothers of preschoolers)
Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) - Northwood Church Keller, TX - Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) - Northwood Church Parenting Groups & Clubs - Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) - Northwood Church Reviews
Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) - Cross Timbers Community Church-Keller Roanoke, TX - Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) - Cross Timbers Community Church-Keller Parenting Groups & Clubs - Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) - Cross Timbers Community Church-Kel

mommy and me pilates in ft worth (who knew!)The Pilates Center | Fort Worth, Texas TX

mommy and me gymnastics roanoak PreSchool Gynnastics, Vault, Bars, Beam, Floor Exercises, Keller, Southlake (http://www.usgoldgymclub.com/pre-school.aspx - broken link)

mommy and me art classes keller Art Instruction in Keller, TX on Yahoo! Local

ETC....ETC....
not to sound snide or anything but ALL I did was a SIMPLE GOOGLE and came up with a ton of results.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:45 PM

4 posts, read 14,222 times
Dear Parents,

I have just recently joined the PTA and find it most helpful to meet people thus far. If you are interested feel free to inform me and I shall send them your information. Located in and around the Keller area. Most if not all of the people are friendly. If you aren't a huge church goer and would like just a bunch of laid back mothers to hang out with it can be quite rewarding.

Thank you

Last edited by Carrie K.; 03-16-2009 at 07:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth