Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 08:05 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times

Advertisements

There is a Schlotzky's going in where the old Jack in the Box was in front of the old Steinmart--off Hwy 26 and Cheek Sprager....and the FTW paper said there is Dairly Queen going in on Precinct Line by Airport Frwy--
maybe on the Target side or where the Outback is across the street
hope not on the north side where In-Out Burger and RaceTrak make traffic horrible
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2015, 10:40 AM

1,206 posts, read 1,534,883 times
Speaking of the old Stein Mart- how much longer do you think Sprouts will hang on there? Doesn't seem to be thriving in that location.

Old 02-04-2015, 06:07 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,315,642 times
The DQ is going on the north side of 183 just to the east of Golden Chick. In-n-Out's popularity has definitely leveled off since it opened. Traffic around that intersection isn't near as bad as it was when lanes on the service road were closed for construction.

Not sure about Sprouts not thriving. It always looks busy when I drive by and it's always pretty crowded when I shop there. Much more than the one at Davis and 1709 was when I used to shop there.

Old 02-04-2015, 10:32 PM

13 posts, read 17,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbb303 View Post
The DQ is going on the north side of 183 just to the east of Golden Chick. In-n-Out's popularity has definitely leveled off since it opened. Traffic around that intersection isn't near as bad as it was when lanes on the service road were closed for construction.

Not sure about Sprouts not thriving. It always looks busy when I drive by and it's always pretty crowded when I shop there. Much more than the one at Davis and 1709 was when I used to shop there.
Thank you . Great .

Old 02-05-2015, 08:36 AM

194 posts, read 306,033 times
I love that Sprouts — it's now my primary grocery store. It's never too crowded, but does seem to have steady business.

Old 02-08-2015, 11:41 PM

there is also going to be a change with the Chik-fil-a and McDonalds just south of Cheek Sparger on Hwy 26==
my neighbor said they are apparently relocating to the other side of 26 south of the new Tarrant court annex--and just north of where the soccer fields are visible at 26 and Precinct Line

they are moving dirt in that location now so will be a while before the move happens
guess they will lease those locations to other fast food places--lots too small for anything else really...

Old 02-09-2015, 07:49 AM

194 posts, read 306,033 times
I heard about the Chik-fil-a move this weekend, from one of the employees. He was very excited about it.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:45 AM

1,206 posts, read 1,534,883 times
Jersey Mike's is coming in the spot next to Sonic on 26/ Centerpark. Too bad it's not The Great Outdoors!

Not to veer OT, but to keep restaurants in a thread, have any MidCities peeps tried anything local/good lately? Or do you have hole in the wall/ mom &pop recs to share? Loves2read mentioned MeatUAnywhere (sp?) bbq in Grapevine in another thread.

So far I like Pho Duy off Glade Rd and Thai Chili in Southlake Town Square. Tried Thai Tip off Harwood and it wasn't bad but I prefer Thai Chili. Also got delivery from Rice King on 26 on a whim and it was surprisingly good! Has anyone tried Cafe Medi on 26 or Alex's in Grapevine for Greek/Mediterranean?

Old 02-09-2015, 09:05 AM

My son and his wife used to order from Cafe Medi when they lived in Bedford and said it was good--
we don't care for Greek so haven't tried it ourselves--

if you like German food there is restaurant in that strip center by SteinMart--we have eaten there--basic decor but I thought food was good--I normally only get Jagerschnitzle but my husband has had the sausage plate and liked the choices he took...

We have eaten at PhoV on Harwoon/121 south strip center--
we don't get pho--but usually spring rolls and the vermicelli salads--think they do good job but they don't deliver
Before PhoV we used to get Vietnamese off Belknap in Haltom City at Pho Nam--long time restaurant--
used to look pretty gritty on inside but has been cleaned up and we have never gotten sick after eating there

Last night we ordered from Dino's Pizza on Harwood in same strip center as Thai Thip--
food is good--wouldn't say great--and portions are generous
have eaten in restaurant and had delivery--think they made a decent pizza

we eat breakfast quite a bit at the new Bacon's on Grapevine Hwy--my only complaint about Bacon's is that when you order toast you only get one piece--which to me seems kind of stingy--
Old West is another breakfast place just north of Harwood on 121 access road--very popular--lots of menu items--and they do lunch like Bacon's does

I miss Le Peep on Harwood and Central--there is burger joint in that spot now--right across from Twisted Root, which is good but not fair value for price IMO--
I prefer Chaps for hamburgers and their fries are great

we also love Lupe's for Mexican food--in strip center across from Pennington and HEB AdMin bldg--
think it is just better than about any place around here--although quality can be iffy depending on who is working kitchen and if the owner has been around--they opened another restaurant in Arlington so he isn't at Bedford location all the time now

We have eaten at Bizzi's restaurant and wine bar on Harwood--more upscale than most in area--food was very good and they do a pre fixe meal at night at times--more expensive than most too--so more for special occassion type meals I think for most people

We drove out to Keller the other day and passed Chef Point which gets very good reviews but my husband read story about the owner/chef and his wife being sued by employees for unfair/illegal wage practice--
haven't eaten there in more than a year

Old 02-09-2015, 11:17 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,315,642 times
The Care Now at Mid Cities and 26 is also moving into this new development at Precinct Line and 26. I'm not surprised about Chik-Fil-A looking to move. That is the original non-mall location in the mid-cities and the store and its parking lot are much smaller than newer stores. It's not uncommon for a line around the building during the lunch rush every day and it completely grid locks their parking lot. That is a huge McDonald's, much larger than most of their newer stores, but I suspect that they want to piggy back off of the move with Chik-Fil-A.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth