Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2008, 09:44 PM

1 posts, read 3,594 times

Advertisements

I have a sister that lives in south lake tx. she absolutley loves it. We grew up in Ca. and I really like the Haslet area. My husband is in education and would need to get Tx. credentials. Does anyone know if a school in Keller would higher before getting the credential? He has 2 masters and alot of experience. Also does anyone have an opinion on Haslet or Keller?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2009, 07:04 AM

7 posts, read 32,293 times
hello, I am not sure about the credentials. But I love Haslet. Have lived there for over a year now. The cost of houses are much cheaper than Keller and we got 1/2 acre to boot! Haslet is about 15 min from anything, but now that they are building a super target and adding commercial buildings off of 287, Haslet will start to be booming. We looked in Keller, but it seemed that it was too crowded for us.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:20 AM

7 posts, read 32,293 times
When are you looking to move to Haslet? Send me a direct message and I may be able to help. No, Im not a real estate agent.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:16 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
check out the posts on this FTW forum and Dallas and TX about teaching
lots of info about getting teaching job, people w/out of state credentials getting TX credentials, getting provisional certification
will simplify your questions...

Old 01-18-2009, 06:06 PM

3 posts, read 17,154 times
I'm not sure about the credentialing question, but I live in North Ft. Worth very close to both Keller and Haslet. I own a small real estate company and have sold houses in Keller & Haslet and surrounding areas. If you don't mind waiting for more of the retail development to come along in the future, thus taking a bit longer to get to more shopping, you'll definately be able to buy more on a larger lot (if you prefer) in Haslet vs. Keller...where the land prices are more. Keller has gotten so expensive in some areas that I have had several clients built custom homes in Haslet instead...they were able to build beautiful homes that would have cost MUCH more to build in Keller. They are building a Super Target soon and that Presidio Village is coming up, and plenty of land left, so prices are more competitive. If you don't want to go all the way to Haslet, you can stay on the border. I live just west of 35W, and it falls in Northwest ISD as opposed to Keller. Your husband might check out Northwest ISD or Keller ISD website...both school districts are thought highly of, although when you reach the highschool level, it does seem that the ratings from TEA are all the same...seems to be the elementary schools in various districts that bring an overall "good ranking" to a school district...IMO. Hope that helps - good luck with your research.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:39 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
You most likely will not get hired without having a certificate. There is just too much competition out there for teaching jobs.

Haslet... why subject yourself to a long drive..and boring treeless tract home subdivisions? Have you considered Grapevine? It at least has some atmosphere and a good school district.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:50 AM

1,379 posts, read 6,426,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Haslet... why subject yourself to a long drive..and boring treeless tract home subdivisions? Have you considered Grapevine? It at least has some atmosphere and a good school district.

Visit Haslet much? Long drive possibly, but certainly not boring treeless tract homes. If you want to be on top of your neighbor, then you certainly don't want to consider Haslet. There are quite a few expansive communities with property, air to breathe and beautiful custom homes.

Also Northwest ISD has a "recognized" rating with many "exemplary" schools and a fantastic 20 year growth projection plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth