Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2015, 09:07 AM

65 posts, read 79,089 times

Advertisements

I'm a nurse, and I am considering applying at these three hospitals. Originally, I was only looking to Baylor, based on what I read on some of these forums. Now that I am here, however, it seems as though most people tell me to look at either Harris or THC Arlington. I want to choose one where I can stay for a long number of years; where the nurses are treated well. I don't plan on using the benefits (aside from retirement) at this point, but maybe down the road. What is the general reputation of each? Are they all teaching facilities (residents and interns)? Where do most people in FW go for their care?

Thanks a lot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 03:59 AM

54 posts, read 109,025 times
easy decision for me and i've worked at many hospitals in the metroplex: i have my dream job at harris downtown in part because the nurses are so good. from what i've seen, they'll help train you. they'll treat you well. they'll make demands of you and they'll make you a better nurse.

Old 03-02-2015, 04:16 AM

5,842 posts, read 4,171,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by holldog99 View Post
I'm a nurse, and I am considering applying at these three hospitals. Originally, I was only looking to Baylor, based on what I read on some of these forums. Now that I am here, however, it seems as though most people tell me to look at either Harris or THC Arlington. I want to choose one where I can stay for a long number of years; where the nurses are treated well. I don't plan on using the benefits (aside from retirement) at this point, but maybe down the road. What is the general reputation of each? Are they all teaching facilities (residents and interns)? Where do most people in FW go for their care?

Thanks a lot!
My wife has worked as a nurse in the Baylor system before and loved it. I had a procedure, followed by a stay of several days, at All Saints. It was top-notch.

Old 03-02-2015, 07:04 PM

150 posts, read 418,529 times
The only thing I can speak of is patient experience. I've been taken to both Baylor and Harris via ambulance within the past few years. Like mentioned above, the care at Baylor was top notch! My care at Harris just a couple weeks ago left something to be desired, to put it nicely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
View detailed profiles of: