U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2008, 12:34 PM

4 posts, read 13,463 times

Advertisements

I am a Canadian from Edmonton, Alberta who is looking to relocate to the DFW area for family reasons. My son lives in Azle, which i understand is not far from Fort Worth (haven't made it down yet).

I know very little about Texas, but I am trying to determine which communities would be close to my son and would allow me good employment opportunities. Incidentally, I am a lawyer and in the process of sitting for the Texas State Bar Exam.

I would appreciate any information at all regarding your community, the economy, the legal profession, or anything else you may find relevant.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2008, 07:12 PM

3 posts, read 13,519 times
Smile HELP!!! Moving to Tarrant County

Hi All,

My husband is taking a job transfer to the Lockheed Martin facility in White Settlement. We currently live in California and are unfamiliar with Texas. My husband would like his drive to work to be less then 30 miles away preferably against traffic.

We have two children under the age of 8, and like everyone else we want a nice, safe, low crime area.

We plan to rent a single family house, until we decide if we love Texas. We would like to live in an "Inclusive Area" of Tarrant County. Can anyone please help with advise, on where to rent! We would love to know the good and bad parts of towns.

Thanks in advance to all who respond.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:07 PM

5,412 posts, read 14,849,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkyhands View Post
Hi All,

My husband is taking a job transfer to the Lockheed Martin facility in White Settlement. We currently live in California and are unfamiliar with Texas. My husband would like his drive to work to be less then 30 miles away preferably against traffic.

We have two children under the age of 8, and like everyone else we want a nice, safe, low crime area.

We plan to rent a single family house, until we decide if we love Texas. We would like to live in an "Inclusive Area" of Tarrant County. Can anyone please help with advise, on where to rent! We would love to know the good and bad parts of towns.

Thanks in advance to all who respond.
I live in the Lake Worth and Saginaw area and would not hesitate to recommend that. Saginaw (and NW FW) is in the Eagle Mountain ISD, which I was told is a highly rated school district. I don't have any kids, so I can't personally confirm that info.

It'd be a 15-20 min. drive to 76108 where LM is located.

Old 03-28-2008, 03:04 PM
JJG

13,579 posts, read 20,427,901 times
Default Tornado Anniversery

For the 8 year anniversery of the March 28th tornado that ran through downtown...

Channel 8 report...

...the aftermath...

...and Max X.

Old 03-29-2008, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
For the 8 year anniversery of the March 28th tornado that ran through downtown...

Channel 8 report...

...the aftermath...

...and Max X.
Just wow. I'm wondering what I got myself into by moving to TX. But I realize a tornado of this magnitude to hit a downtown is pretty rare. I just hope it doesn't happen again in our lifetime.

Old 03-29-2008, 01:15 PM
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Just wow. I'm wondering what I got myself into by moving to TX. But I realize a tornado of this magnitude to hit a downtown is pretty rare. I just hope it doesn't happen again in our lifetime.
Ahh, you'll get problems where ever you go. It could have been alot worse. And downtown has rebounded, so it's not a total loss.

March 28th is also my dad's birthday... and we had to celebrate it watching the news that day...

Old 03-29-2008, 02:04 PM

Yes, downtown looks just fine. Of course, I only saw it for the first time in 2006, which is well after Sundance Sq. was rebuilt.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:45 PM
JJG

Just something to look at....

...no, this isn't going up. This is just a rendering from the old Fort Worth Forum. Someone made it as a possible replacement for the old Landmark Tower.

Nice, ain't it. Just thought I'd post it.

And here's a night view....

Old 03-31-2008, 03:39 PM

^ Yes, that is pretty.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:43 PM
JJG

It's race weekend folks!
So you know what that means....
  1. Start planning altenate routes to work early, and...
  2. Slap a NASCAR on FOX team member whenever they say... "Welcome to the Texas Motor Speedway in DALLAS!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth