Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2008, 01:31 PM

2 posts, read 4,421 times

Advertisements

does anyone out there know of any resorts in texas that include housing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 12:40 AM

1 posts, read 2,308 times
please help I have my sister moved to forth worth texas, tarrant county she needs help in find single mother help free assistance, she need to be relecated thanks, she don't have nothing

Old 05-31-2008, 06:13 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelyn View Post
please help I have my sister moved to forth worth texas, tarrant county she needs help in find single mother help free assistance, she need to be relecated thanks, she don't have nothing
You might try the following resources.

Tarrant County : Services (broken link)

Samaritan House | Where There's a Home, There's Hope

Good luck.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:06 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
I've had this question on my mind for hours now....
One of my co-workers from Denver said she was going out of town. The manager asked where and she said.... "Dallas".

Now if you've ever seen some of my posts about the DFW area, you know how much I stress that Dallas, Fort Worth, and Arlington are all different, seprate cities. But do you, as a native (or just brief, curent resident) of this area say "you're going out of town" when you have to go to Dallas or Fort Worth or anyone of the other towns in DFW ?

Again, we all know that the three main cities in this area are different cities, but it just doesn't feel right to say that... does it?

Old 06-09-2008, 09:59 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,917,912 times
^ Obviously, literally going out of town means going to a different city. So technically, someone could go from FW to Westworth or River Oaks and he'd be going out of town.

I think of going out of town as leaving the state or going far enough where it'd be a flight or several hours' drive.

Old 06-09-2008, 11:41 AM

3,086 posts, read 7,611,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I've had this question on my mind for hours now....
One of my co-workers from Denver said she was going out of town. The manager asked where and she said.... "Dallas".

Now if you've ever seen some of my posts about the DFW area, you know how much I stress that Dallas, Fort Worth, and Arlington are all different, seprate cities. But do you, as a native (or just brief, curent resident) of this area say "you're going out of town" when you have to go to Dallas or Fort Worth or anyone of the other towns in DFW ?

Again, we all know that the three main cities in this area are different cities, but it just doesn't feel right to say that... does it?
The only time I've ever said that was when I wanted time off work (in retail mgmt) and they didn't really want to give it to me, so I told them I was going out of town and already had all the plans in place. hehehe

Old 06-10-2008, 08:56 AM

1,298 posts, read 4,286,056 times
I find that strange, too. The metroplex is kind of considered a generic "whole" even though everyone knows there are a bunch of different cities here. Your coworker maybe has not lived here long enough to realize that. I work in Dallas and if I said I was going out of town I would mean like when I went to San Antonio over the Memorial Day weekend, not Fort Worth or Arlington or whatever.

Old 06-12-2008, 10:27 AM

Are we going to see a high temp. of below 90 deg. again before Sept.?

Old 06-13-2008, 10:35 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Are we going to see a high temp. of below 90 deg. again before Sept.?
I doubt it......
It wouldn't suprise me if it stayed like this until the State Fair ends.....

Old 06-13-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I doubt it......
It wouldn't suprise me if it stayed like this until the State Fair ends.....
Damn. And with electric costs roughly double from last year, this will be a painful summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth