Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 01:26 AM

1 posts, read 7,871 times

Advertisements

So I went to ridgmar mall about 4 days ago with a great friend of mine and it was mind boggling how many stores were gone! Aeropostale is gone, Deb is gone, Wet Seal is gone, Windsor is gone, even DQ is gone! What?! And rumor is that Neiman Marcus is also going to leave. What happened to that mall? I remember going there in the early 2000s when I was in high school and there were so many stores! What happened? Hulen mall seems to have more stores than Ridgmar mall. Really, what happened to Ridgmar mall? What other stores in the mall are next to close?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 07:03 AM

1,206 posts, read 1,533,977 times
NM leaving is not a rumor

Neiman Marcus to move Fort Worth store to Clearfork development | The Star Telegram The Star Telegram

Old 04-27-2015, 03:56 PM

286 posts, read 382,630 times
I think it is too late for Ridgmar Mall to come back, I go to that mall every once in a while and it is more and more empty. The lease is expensive inside as well so that doesn't help, if the leasing company had an incentive or a first time business owner program (discounted rates at lease?) maybe it would be more occupied. But it seems to be bigger than that, people aren't buying in stores anymore. I know I don't, I usually buy everything on amazon and avoid long lines and obnoxious people. If I was a billionaire I would buy ridgmar mall and all of the shopping centers around it (because they are all vacant anyway!) and Build an urban village there, I can only imagine how nice something would look there. Everything between 183 and Green Oaks Rd. I mean.

Old 04-27-2015, 04:49 PM

I think lots of businesses in that part of town suffer because of the Irish Traveller factor. I know for a fact that NM had a very hard time with them. Before we moved from Aledo I took my boys to a few bday parties at the indoor trampoline place near the mall and they were all over. I consider myself to be an extremely tolerant person, but that crowd is an entirely different can of worms.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:58 PM

232 posts, read 360,481 times
Ridgmar Mall needs to be demolished and redesigned. All around the mall a crap load of developments are occurring yet the actual center piece of the area is falling apart. I personally would enjoy some type of outlet mall, or even a mixed use development that incorporates retail/commercial on the bottom floors. It's rumored (or confirmed (?)) that H.M. is supposedly planning to move into Ridgmar Mall as a part of an "effort" to renovate the Mall...

I am sorry, but I personally give that mall 2-4 years until it goes bye, bye.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan1010 View Post
Ridgmar Mall needs to be demolished and redesigned. All around the mall a crap load of developments are occurring yet the actual center piece of the area is falling apart. I personally would enjoy some type of outlet mall, or even a mixed use development that incorporates retail/commercial on the bottom floors. It's rumored (or confirmed (?)) that H.M. is supposedly planning to move into Ridgmar Mall as a part of an "effort" to renovate the Mall...

I don't think H&M is going to help either.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:52 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan1010 View Post

Hulen is smaller, yet still packs more than Ridgmar. If anything, I'd predict an expansion for Hulen while Ridgmar is converted into something more useful within the next decade.

Old 04-28-2015, 03:44 PM

286 posts, read 382,630 times
I find the inner city to be extremely fascinating from a sociological perspective, I think West Fort Worth (inside loop 820 both north and south of 30, but west of Westridge, basically the White Settlement area)is experiencing the same thing thats happened in South Fort Worth (or other regions of the City, though they have began to combat it with inner city urban villages) 25-30 years ago with Urban Sprawl, underdeveloped or outdated regions are suffering in Far West Fort Worth (again I know its White Settlement but many people simply think its part of Fort Worth), a pity really with such an amazing view of the skyline of downtown and its potential for growth. If you look at cherry lane alone, the movement of Home Depot from their old Location to their new one on white settlement hurt that shopping center, then the two restaraunts (Ryans Cafeteria was one of them) and even the fast food taco bell closed shortly after, going more into Cherry Lane it gets worse, outdated buildings that dont look up to code, vacant locations that have been "avaiable for lease" for as long as I can remember. Mom and pop shop restaraunts close and open often, Car Wash Closed down, the only thing open is a Goodwill and a Tax Center (open seasonally) and the housing is horrendous, I bought an investment property for 22 thousand dollars. In bad condition yes, but thats to give you an idea as to how cheap houses are in the White Settlement area are. I lived in White Settlement myself and have seen this great little town/suburb/city/municipality (what do we call it? lol) go to the ruins. I hope it gets annexed by Fort Worth as it seems White Settlement's Gov't doesn't care. Now what does this specific rant on White Settlement have to do with Ridgmar Mall? Ridgmar Mall is literally across the street from it, you walk across Lockheed and 183 and boom Ridgmar Mall...like I said earlier, if I was a billionaire I would buy as much land as I can in this area, everything and anything I can; and begin the revitilization efforts. Without a stable community, you will not have a succesful mall.

Old 04-29-2015, 06:40 PM

1,158 posts, read 959,756 times
I think malls are becoming outdated. None of the malls in Tarrant County are very good. Eventually Ridgmar will be bulldozed and the land will be redeveloped like the west 7th area...

Old 04-29-2015, 06:45 PM

232 posts, read 360,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie682 View Post
I think malls are becoming outdated. None of the malls in Tarrant County are very good. Eventually Ridgmar will be bulldozed and the land will be redeveloped like the west 7th area...
I would not mind at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth