Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 07:53 PM

7 posts, read 8,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkonost View Post
I would base your search around where your future job is, whenever you find out. A long commute will become a quality of life detriment, the metroplex is huge and without knowing where you might be working to help narrow things down you're sort of stabbing in the dark because there's so many places to pick from you'll be spoiled for choice.

As for Grapevine, I've lived there before moving to Southlake and didn't have a problem with the air traffic. They keep the flight paths over the highways and the industrial areas for the most part. The only time you hear them is if bad weather or some other rare reason makes them divert from the usual landing paths or fly lower than usual. Some people around here get their knickers in a twist if they hear one or two, it's not a big deal for me and I used to live in the landing path of LaGuardia Airport so I know what "bad" truly is. Sadly I don't know if you'll be able to find homes in Grapevine in the 200's as it's a high-demand area that's fully developed, but if you're looking for a smaller home you might be able to find something.

A lot of my co-workers have great things to say about Keller, Flower Mound, Trophy Club, Roanoake, & Colleyville. You may want to check those out if they're close to your future place of work.

As for Tornadoes, it's just a reality for the area, they rarely seem to hit the central metroplex areas but it does happen. If they do touch down it's usually in the suburbs or outlying areas of the 3 counties (Tarrant, Dallas and Denton)- usually, again there's always a risk. I'm really not worried about it, I have a decent spot in my house that serves as a safe room with supplies just in case, I'm well insured, got an emergency weather radio to alert me whenever there's a tornado warning... So it's not like I'd be caught by surprise, and if a tornado decides to eat my house so be it. Frankly if you lived in CA being so earthquake prone I don't think tornados should scare you.
I appreciate your input very much! Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth