Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 07:30 AM

156 posts, read 283,972 times

Advertisements

Having lived in both, I do feel Fort Worth is less crazy than the Austin area. Yes it has traffic and is huge but if you can live close to work and near the things you would be typically going to during the weekend, for me it doesn't feel like as much as a beat down as the Austion area has become.

Just like Austin there are good and bad areas, with the the nicer areas being more expensive. A visit is worth it though I wouldn't try to do the whole metroplex in one weekend. Focus on Fort Worth for one weekend and if you are considering Dallas than another.

For tourist stuff check out downtown, Stockyards, museums, 7th street area, Trinity park. As for areas to live North FTW is very different than say SW FTW so make sure you see both. Also Weatherford or Aledo might be more your thing.

Random thought: have you considered West Texas? Midland and Lubbock are different breed of Texas but not bad just different, much smaller cities, generally cheaper (espically with the dip in oil prices going on right now) and they still need people to work so finding a job may be easier. I lived in West Texas for years and it has much of what you are looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2015, 03:28 PM

2 posts, read 1,248 times
Default fw is great

We have lived here over 20 yrs. Love it. Exactly as described. Come on down.

Old 10-05-2015, 06:49 PM

14 posts, read 14,957 times
Well I made the move to Fort Worth now to find the right area I'm currently in a hotel in Burleson so need to decide fast I have decided I just need a nice area with shopping and food near by and not more than half an hour to things to do. Which is better Arlington or Fort Worth

Old 10-05-2015, 09:50 PM

2 posts, read 1,248 times
I still say Fort Worth. We have small neighborhoods that make up the big city. You feel like you are in a small town. Love it.
The rail system can take you from Fort Worth downtown to Dallas downtown in less than 30 minutes. Love our museum district, 7th Street, downtown, and Hulen/Bryant Irving streets areas. South Fort Worth towards Burleson is good too. Good luck!

Old 10-06-2015, 06:31 AM

27 posts, read 38,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyes68 View Post
Hi I was wondering if people that live in Fort worth could tell me what its like I have been doing research and trying to find a place to move to. I recently moved to Round Rock, TX and its just growing to fast and traffic is to much. I am 47yr old women trying to find the right place for me to settle down. I'm from upstate NY and have never liked it there cant stand the cold. I am trying to find a place with a laid back not so fast paced feel. I googled where is the most country place in Texas and fort worth came up is this true does it have a country feel to it? What are some good places to live in fort worth and what to stay away from.
Moved from New Jersey in 2005 to outside Fort Worth. Granbury was a smaller town that we lived in for five years. Not too many stores there. WalMart, a couple of gyms a lot of fast food resturants. We eventually left to go to Florida because Texas winters became a lot colder. Granbury is a nice,quiet place to live if you pick a good area. A lot of low income mobile home areas that are not good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth