Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 08:26 PM

57 posts, read 209,764 times

Advertisements

A number of the master planned communities either have elementary (& some will have middle schools) or will have them within a year or two, depending on how far along they are. Depending upon the size, some have more than one.

Depending upon your thoughts for assimilation for your kids, sending them to a brand new school could actually be a good thing? I don't know what does everyone else think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 09:35 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,425,635 times
I definately think it is positive as long as there is good direction and I haven't found anything to prove otherwise.

Old 02-02-2008, 02:59 PM

91 posts, read 408,703 times
check out Trophy Club on 114. We have lived here 4 years but my husband is being transferred. We will miss the neighborhood, community, shopping and mostly the people. Schools are wonderful. We have a women's club for new people. if you like to golf, we have a golf course, community pool, tennis courts. I think it was Texas's first planned community. Our home is smaller than you are looking for, but check out the realtor sites. email me with any questions.

Old 02-02-2008, 05:10 PM

Thanks Grammy Linna. Everyone on the board has been great. We'll have to check it out!

Old 02-07-2008, 06:20 AM

Well this is it: I'm here in the area this week on business & my wife's on her way to BWI to fly down. Tomorrow we're meeting w/ our realtor to look around. You all have been a great help so far; any last words of advice? I don't have any updates from my corporate office yet, but we've still got to do our due diligence on where to live if we do it...

Thanks!

Old 02-07-2008, 10:25 AM

Welcome to Texas!! Just get out your maps and drive around before you go out with your realtor. You will get an idea of what is around and have a better lay of the land so you can kinda be on an equal footing as much as possible.

If you have some addresses of some properties, go to them and drive around. Drive out to Chadwick Farms, Sendera and the area.

Ohh have fun and don't be shy, if you see someone out and about, ask them your questions.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:41 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
for someone who would be working in Las Colinas most of the time and flying out of DFW several times a month-- I hope you don't mind spending 40+ min each way on freeways--that is not going to be an easy commute going from sendera to Las Colinas and will only get worse as times goes on...and you will face the sun in the morning and the sun in the afternoon---
Think about going N of Las Colinas and driving N/S
like maybe in Lewisville or Grapevine--much easier commute
good schools for the most part

Old 02-11-2008, 10:35 AM

We visited a ton of communities, including both Sendera and Chadwick Farms to name a few. I appreciate what you're saying about time in the car, sun in the face. Funny you bring that up, loves2read: our realtor was pointing that out in terms of which direction we'd want to face if/when we would pick a lot, in terms of exposure, LOL...

When my wife & I were here (there, we're back in "amishland" now) in December, we just didn't seem to like the areas North of Las Colinas in terms of them all looking like just row upon row of houses; and south, the commute was just too daunting?

I don't know. If I were buying a house today, we're leaning heavily towards Drees Custom Homes in Chadwick Farms.

We may also look down in Grand Prairie though, based on what our realtor comes back with regarding the planned dates for extending the George Bush to there.

Other thoughts are always appreciated!

Thanks!

Old 02-11-2008, 11:34 AM

Hiya! Did you look in Grapevine or maybe an older home in Coppell?

I have heard really good things about Drees Homes, so you couldn't go wrong there. We looked at Chadwick as well. The only thing is that I hope they do is put a light there for ya. I travel on 114 quite a bit going back and forth to the airport and at times, it gets pretty congested there with traffic and just the speed the cars travel.

Also twice a year you could have some heavy traffic with Texas Motor Speedway being close (June and November).

Definately if you have a choice, go with a north-south exposure and also please make sure that they put radiant barrier (they probably do, but something to verify) and plenty of insulation.

We have radiant barrier here with extra insulation and just as a comparison, my neighbor doesn't have it and we do. In December, our electric bill was 340.00 and theirs was 940.00. We do keep our home a little cooler than they do, but we are ALL electric where we are so it would probably be more than where you would be. It is just something that you may want to make sure you have.

Hope you had a great trip!!

Old 02-14-2008, 08:51 PM

My wife wants a newer home for several reasons: if I'm going to be gone a lot (and I will be), maintainence is something she doesn't want to have to worry about, newer homes seem to be more efficient, and you seem to get more for your money with a newer home. Couple that with the lifestyle (for now) with where the newer ones in our price range are being built, and we're looking further away from where I'll work & fly from...

Our realtor has said that Drees is one of the builders that he's had good experiences with for a variety of reasons: decent job, good reputation, reasonable price for upgrades being a few that I can recall right now.

114 is a concern since it's the main artery, that is for sure. During race weekends, it will be either beat them or join them. No other alternative!

Drees DOES do the radiant barrier. Standard. Not sure if that's only in the 60's or not, but it would be standard in the homes we're looking at. Also, they've recently went with a 16 SEER HVAC system, & the builders rep said they're currently the only builder doing that. I'm sure the high end custom builders will follow suit soon enough, but for now, they've got that market cornered if you believe the hype...

Regarding utilities, I'm pretty sure that community is natural gas heat & electric AC, so I'm not sure how it might compare. I seem to recall reading good things about the co-op that serves the electric (& perhaps the natural gas) needs of the community.

What I'm trying to find out now, & I'm really hoping the members of this forum can show their knowledge as they have all through this process is what is around the Chadwick Farms area, either in the way of planned development, or future development, or the like? I've searched & searched & found several articles & maps but nothing concrete.

For example, I found a planning commission meeting minutes from like 1999 or 2000 that indicated that Byron Nelson was trying to get a zoning variance to do either natural gas or some other mineral development on his ranch which is very nearly adjacent if in fact not right next door! Any help there?

Also, what is Slaughter Ranch? It's showing on this map I've got for 520 acres.

Here are the other things I'm curious about (any & all info is welcome & appreciated, thanks in advance!!):
17 Lakes, 200 lots (may be 700 lots)--appears to be a development w/ 1 builder from Ft Worth--Sandlin?
Rockhaven, 414 acres?
Lost Creek, 1100 Lots? Is this a built out development?
Canyon Creek, 420 lots? ditto?
the parks of Hillsborough?

THANK YOU ALL!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth