Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 08:07 PM

19 posts, read 38,860 times

Advertisements

One thing I want to say is that when the one person from Dallas said you can live in Fort Worth and do everything in Dallas, I have to disagree completely. I was born and raised in Arlington and can honestly say that I never had a reason to go to Dallas except for concerts, hockey, basketball, and football (I played high school football for Nolan in Fort Worth).

I go to school at Virginia Tech and all of my friends are from the Northeast or the DC or Richmond area. I say I am from Fort Worth (I would say Arlington, but I feel like genreally people know where FW is before Arlington). And if they inquire more, I give more detail.

I like FW more than Dallas. I love both cities though. People need to embrace their city for what it is and stop trying to compare it to other cities or wish it was like other cities. For the longest time I did that with Arlington; always comparing it to Dallas or FW. Eventually I realized it was its own city and should be proud of what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 04:38 PM

744 posts, read 1,852,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasboy123 View Post
I never said anything wrong about Dallas in my comment!!!!!!!!!! I was just wondering why Dallas clames to have so many things that it does not actually have!!! And I am not stupid I know that they are called the Dallas Cowboys!!!!! But i think that it is stupid when people say that the stadium is in Dallas when it is not!!! And why does it matter if I do not like Dallas!!?? I was just wondering that is all!! And so what if you guys are the main city! With out Ft. Worth Dallas is nothing!!!! That is why the metro area is so big due to Ft. Worth!!! Houston has no other big city near it!!! I just think that it is about time that Ft. Worth gets some recognition!!!
Dallas is a big city even without Fort Worth. It doesn't need Fort Worth for anything. Cowboys Stadium is not in Dallas proper, but it is still in the suburbs and is still the Dallas Cowboys. There are other NFL teams that play in its cities suburbs too, like the Washington Redskins, New York Giants and Jets, Buffalo Bills and the Miami Dolphins. Dallas does have the Mavs and Stars inside town.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:10 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,095,758 times
Who the hell is Amon Carter and why do both sides Fort Worth & Dallas of the Metroplex act like this guy was their Gandhi/MLK or something?

Old 06-23-2010, 07:44 PM

brajohns, Arlington is technically not a suburb anymore. The entire area, as designated by the US Census Bureau, is the Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington Metropolitan Area.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:47 AM

744 posts, read 1,852,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamersk View Post
brajohns, Arlington is technically not a suburb anymore. The entire area, as designated by the US Census Bureau, is the Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington Metropolitan Area.
Yet it still says the Dallas Cowboys. They would be stupid to change it to the Arlington Cowboys. Not very many has heard of Arlington like Dallas and there is another major Arlington outside of Washington D.C.. Arlington is still a suburb since it is smaller than both cities and is still painted a different color on the maps of the metroplex.

Old 06-25-2010, 05:44 PM

I never said anything about changing the name and have no idea why you are bringing that up. I agree, they should keep the name. It isn't a far enough location change to warrant a new name.

However, Arlington is technically not a suburb, no matter how you try to paint it as one. Grand Prairie, that is a suburb. Plano, that is a suburb. Irving, that is a suburb. Hurst, that is a suburb. Arlington, not a suburb. It is the DALLAS-FORT WORTH-ARLINGTON metropolitan area. They are all three major cities. Yes, I understand Dallas is the biggest, but that in no way means Fort Worth and Arlington are suburbs, no matter how badly you want them to be.

Old 06-25-2010, 06:09 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,235,569 times
I'd go with a motto something like 'Fort Worth, the real Texas'

Old 06-26-2010, 09:25 AM

36 posts, read 93,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
Cowboys Stadium is not in Dallas proper, but it is still in the suburbs
Yeah.... Arlington is a suburb of Fort Worth... in Tarrant County.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
Who the hell is Amon Carter and why do both sides Fort Worth & Dallas of the Metroplex act like this guy was their Gandhi/MLK or something?
Learn how to Google.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:28 AM

36 posts, read 93,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamersk View Post
However, Arlington is technically not a suburb, no matter how you try to paint it as one. It is the DALLAS-FORT WORTH-ARLINGTON metropolitan area. They are all three major cities. Yes, I understand Dallas is the biggest, but that in no way means Fort Worth and Arlington are suburbs, no matter how badly you want them to be.
Despite the designation, I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that's not from Arlington to agree that Arlington is not a suburb.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:38 PM

People are more than welcome to have their opinions on what they designate cities to be. I was just saying what the Census Bureau says.

I will say that overall Arlington does have more of a suburb feel to it, albeit, a very large suburb feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth