Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 09:24 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,289,854 times

Advertisements

Fort Worth is awesome. We like to visit y'all on the weekends to get away from Houston for a bit. Everywhere we've been the folks are super friendly, and your museum/arts district is fantastic. I'm not going to say what I think about Dallas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 05:44 PM

9 posts, read 17,279 times
LOL..sorry that I laughed.I recently move to FORT WORTH and this is so funny!I updated my current city in a website and I put FORTH WORTH and some people asked me,Where is that?I said in Texas and they where like,ooooh you mean FORT WORTH DALLAS TEXAS..OMG! Then I went to change my driver licence and the lady asked me for my birth certificate,I gave it to her and she said,I can not enter Puerto Rico in the system is not listed in the countries.I said,nooo you just need to put United States and it should be listed there.OMG,she was trying to put Puerto Rico,Puerto Rico.I told her,no,P.R is part of U.S.A and she look at me and said,no is not! Jeez,then she called her manager and she helped her.People asked me every time that I go to a restaurant,do you want your food spicy?Noooo.They give me this crazy look,oooh we have margaritas,I don't like it!You don't look Mexican,yeaaaah because I am not Mexican..oooooh..See people don't know stuff and is not because of what people from other cities do or think.It is because they know cra* .They don't know about geography,history or nothing.They just repeat what they hear..Don't worry,when we die it doesn't matter if you are From FT.Worth from Dallas,from China,Japan..high class,low class,middle class,at the end we are going to be DUST!!but I Live in Fort Worth,not Dallas..LOL

Old 07-16-2010, 02:08 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,861,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nylodnew View Post
LOL..sorry that I laughed.I recently move to FORT WORTH and this is so funny!I updated my current city in a website and I put FORTH WORTH and some people asked me,Where is that?I said in Texas and they where like,ooooh you mean FORT WORTH DALLAS TEXAS..OMG! Then I went to change my driver licence and the lady asked me for my birth certificate,I gave it to her and she said,I can not enter Puerto Rico in the system is not listed in the countries.I said,nooo you just need to put United States and it should be listed there.OMG,she was trying to put Puerto Rico,Puerto Rico.I told her,no,P.R is part of U.S.A and she look at me and said,no is not! Jeez,then she called her manager and she helped her.People asked me every time that I go to a restaurant,do you want your food spicy?Noooo.They give me this crazy look,oooh we have margaritas,I don't like it!You don't look Mexican,yeaaaah because I am not Mexican..oooooh..See people don't know stuff and is not because of what people from other cities do or think.It is because they know cra* .They don't know about geography,history or nothing.They just repeat what they hear..Don't worry,when we die it doesn't matter if you are From FT.Worth from Dallas,from China,Japan..high class,low class,middle class,at the end we are going to be DUST!!but I Live in Fort Worth,not Dallas..LOL
lol

Old 07-20-2010, 08:22 AM

17 posts, read 62,094 times
Fort Worth sure does have a small town feel when i drive down the 2 lane I-35W southbound headed downtown or I30 east ramp to exit onto northbound I35W or the 2 lane northeast loop 820 stuck in traffic are u serious Fort Worth???? Quit using the small town feeling when u get almost the same traffic jams u get in Dallas

Old 07-21-2010, 04:41 PM

15 posts, read 41,781 times
Awesome news for Fort Worth!! Vibrant downtown, 'Texas' feel attracted ESPN to Sundance Square | Cowboys Stadium | Latest n... (http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/07/21/2351633/vibrant-downtown-texas-feel-attracted.html - broken link)

Old 08-24-2010, 01:07 PM

216 posts, read 445,441 times
Some of the things on this thread made me laugh. Fort Worth has been my hometown my whole life and I lived there up until about four years ago. I have a lot of pride in the city too. In fact, I had the same exact mindset as a lot of people in this thread too until I actually moved to Dallas and discovered it wasn't as evil as everyone always told me.

Sorry, but Fort Worth is not the main anchor of the metroplex by far. This is evidenced by many things including bigger population, a more diverse culture, more jobs, more shopping, restaraunts/bars/nightlife, (including more unique bars and restaurants to Fort Worth's chains), and most importantly, worldwide name recognition. The one area where Fort Worth really has Dallas beat is Sundance Square. Living in Dallas now I wish they had a central, concentrated area where everyone went to. I mean, they have several smaller districts all around the city, but nothing like that downtown. I miss the free parking garages.

I find it funny how often Fort Worth people feel they need to stand out and pretend they are so different than Dallas (and better). Fort Worth is Dallas trapped in a time capsule from fifty years ago. Sorry, but Dallas would still be Dallas without Fort Worth. Look at the sprawl of burbs around Dallas compared to Fort Worth. Dallas's suburbs are fully developed and stretch as far north as McKinney. That is telling as to where most people intend to travel for work. Dallas has two professional sports teams to Fort Worth's zero. The Dallas Cowboys may not play in Dallas still, but they haven't in four decades and yet they're still Dallas's home team. Your zoo is better, but frankly, I go to the zoo about twice a decade so I can afford the gas to go to Fort Worth. Sorry, the museums are not better in Fort Worth. We also have new, world class performing arts facilities in downtown Dallas. 7 times out of 10 bands travel to Dallas for concerts, and the other times it's usually Grand Prairie over Fort Worth. The traffic is terrible in Dallas, but it's not any better in Fort Worth given your freeway system is terribly behind your population's growth. Give me a break on the "Fort Worth holds the metroplex together" bologna. What Fort Worth is is a very nice, laid back city with a small town feel. It's cute, but constantly trying to compare yourselves and one-up Dallas isn't.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:12 PM

277 posts, read 698,030 times
Even though my family is originally from Dallas I have lived my whole life in Fort Worth and I love it! Nobody said Dallas was evil that I recall... Bland, crime ridden and full of illegals maybe - but not evil.

As far as Dallas' stellar population goes... bigger isn't always better. Fort Worth may have a smaller population but it is larger than Boston, Atlanta and San Francisco and we are only about 10,000 away from catching Austin all of which I consider far superior cities to Dallas.

What shopping are we missing out on exactly? Neiman's, Nordstrom, Macy's, Dillard's, Coach, Banana Republic, Sephora? Got 'em. If anyone feels the need to go to Saks it is not that far of a drive to the Galleria... That's right - you are down to one now since Willow Bend closed last Saturday.

FW has plenty of upscale, one-of-a-kind restaurants such as Ferre, Grace, Lonesome Dove, Mercury Chophouse, Reata, Michael's Restaurant and Ancho Chile Bar, Bonnell's, Saint Emilion and Lanny's Alta Cocina to name a few. Oh, and when Eddie V's decided to open a location in the Metroplex they did it in the cultural district of Fort Worth and it did so well that they finally now have a location in Dallas. I also don't think it is a bad thing that chain restaurants want to locate in a city either.

There is plenty of nightlife too. Downtown there is Vice, City Streets, 8.0, Flying Saucer, Bent Lounge, Bar 9, Embargo, Aqua... We also have the new Capital Bar, Pour House and even the Rainbow Lounge

I don't think most in Fort Worth are trying to one-up Dallas are even compare themselves to Dallas. Quite the contrary... I think most in FW would agree that Fort Worth is happy being Fort Worth and more than happy to distance ourselves from Dallas.

And one more thing... over here in Tarrant County we have the Rangers, the Cowboys, the Cats, TCU, the Texas Motor Speedway. You can have the Mavs and Stars and that awful AAC in the heart of Victory... I mean Vacant Plaza.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:48 AM

216 posts, read 445,441 times
Everyone's entitled to an opinion, even if yours is based on misnomers and false stereotypes.

Last edited by SloopJohnZ; 08-25-2010 at 08:01 AM..

Old 08-25-2010, 09:11 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,957,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopJohnZ View Post
Everyone's entitled to an opinion, even if yours is based on misnomers and false stereotypes.
You mean kinda like yours....?

Because NO ONE here is saying Fort Worth is the main anchor (and being serious about it) and I don't know a single person in Fort Worth who even wants this town to be like Dallas or thinks we're trying to "one-up" the city in anyway.

The problem we usually have is just all the douchey, "we're better because we're bigger and more known" attitudes that come out of Dallas. I personally couldn't care less if Fort Worth never got any pro sports teams or gained world wide recognition (which is debatable with Dallas....).

The only thing that matters to me is that Fort Worth continues to grow while keeping its identity intact. The only true problem I have with this city is that it has more sprawl growth than urban growth, but hopefully that changes..... hopefully.

And don't take this as a diss, but the last city I'd ever want Fort Worth to be like is Dallas. Why? Because we're already so much like you....

Old 08-25-2010, 10:21 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,232,801 times
I've lived in both and still spend quite a bit of time in Dallas, but it's Fort Worth hands down for me. Lost of the stuff mentioned pertains to bragging rights, not quality of life. Fort Worth is entirely big enough, and during rush hour too big, but its traffic problems are nothing like those of Dallas. I don't really care whether everyone in Kyrgyzstan has heard of Fort Worth or not. The cool people have.

Like the t-shirts worn at the Railhead BBQ place state, "Life is too short to live in Dallas".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth