Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 10:49 PM

11 posts, read 14,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceBodiker View Post
I already left a response on your post in the Dallas forum, but I'll add this here. If you're looking for a good urban experience, you can find it in Fort Worth if you stay at the core. Downtown, West 7th, Fairmont/Near Southside, Riglea, TCU area. Outside of that -- not so much. You'll have to look at the schools to determine what you think is best for your kiddo. However, Dallas is definitely more "urban" than Fort Worth. It also feels more "east coast," at least to me. Since you said you'll work downtown, the TRE gives you an option to live in either city. Why not take a few days to visit both cities and decide which you like better?

I'm thinking the same. Its all great in theory but I wont really know until I try it out. I figured I would stay at an extended stay hotel for a week or two to work this out. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2011, 04:59 AM

621 posts, read 1,336,546 times
Yea, it is Dum. I live in Aubrey and people call it Dallas??

Old 07-21-2012, 12:54 AM

114 posts, read 201,300 times
For some reason I just wanted to post this but tell me if it sounds good "DFW where the wild west starts, and the future east begins" FW (Wild West) Dallas (East)

Old 08-26-2014, 07:31 AM

81 posts, read 105,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
You're right that Fort Worth needs to promote itself better and that we don't have enough top dog companies. This city has killed itself on some things, but you can't say that Dallas has little to do with Fort Worth being overshadowed. Dallas is just like L.A. in that it seems to claim the whole region as their's as if it's the only city in North Texas. I know several Dallasites who think that.
From what I've read, no one's blaming Dallas for anything. We're just annoyed that some people in and outside the Metroplex thinks that everything within a 50 mile radius belongs to Dallas. To truly understand that, you have to grow up here, you know?

BTW, if you agree or not, I believe that if Fort Worth was in a state no other major cities like Denver in Colorado or Atlanta in Georgia, we wouldn't be talking about this...... But I couldn't imagine Ft. Worth outside of Texas.
Dallas is nothing LIKE LA good one I needed a laugh

Old 08-26-2014, 08:08 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,960,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LONE STAR STATE View Post
You brought back this thread just to respond to one small detail in something I posted 6 years ago...?

Old 08-26-2014, 10:19 AM

2,885 posts, read 4,657,763 times
Quote:
You brought back this thread just to respond to one small detail in something I posted 6 years ago...?

Apparently, yes. What's even more amusing is that Dallas does have many similarities to LA - very car culture and freeways/tollways, a greater degree than average of shallow "showiness" (the 30K millionaires and such), very spread out urban area with a limited city center for a metro of its size. And now, drought issues as well.

There are differences, of course, but saying that the two places are NOTHING alike is silly, and bringing back an ancient thread to say that is sillier.

Old 12-01-2015, 01:43 PM

19 posts, read 31,383 times
Quote:

BTW, if you agree or not, I believe that if Fort Worth was in a state no other major cities like Denver in Colorado or Atlanta in Georgia, we wouldn't be talking about this...... But I couldn't imagine Ft. Worth outside of Texas.

Denver itself is smaller in population than some of its "suburbs" like Aurora. That's because the Colorado legislature prevented Denver from annexing as the area grew. Boulder is 30 miles away and Colorado Springs and Fort Collins are 60 miles away. Those cities each have their own identities.

Old 12-01-2015, 09:02 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,483,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LONE STAR STATE View Post
For the record, I think JJG was talking about the Dallas side analogous to L.A. County and Fort Worth analogous to Orange County. Arlington would be on the border of the "Iron Curtain."

Old 12-02-2015, 02:58 PM

641 posts, read 805,630 times
I agree with others who say there's nothing we can do about it. It may change in 40 or so years. DFW is expected to have more people than Chicago one day. It will end an eight decade era of Ny,LA, and Chi being the three most populated metros. Also around that time, FW will have about 1.4M and dallas 1.5M.

I expect that by then, there will be more marketing on the FW side. Chi, LA Have two baseball teams. LA has two bball teams. FW will have more name recognition by then nationwide.

Another sad thing is Arlington is looked at as a suburb. It's a city in the middle of two large cities. It has more people than tampa, cincinatti, stl, buffalo but its looked at as a burb.

Old 12-02-2015, 03:39 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,960,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Bham View Post
Denver itself is smaller in population than some of its "suburbs" like Aurora. That's because the Colorado legislature prevented Denver from annexing as the area grew. Boulder is 30 miles away and Colorado Springs and Fort Collins are 60 miles away. Those cities each have their own identities.
Yeah, I know this.

I just don't get why people like to bring back old threads for no real reason...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth