Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 03:22 PM

9 posts, read 9,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txman View Post
This again? Dallas has little to do with Fort Worth being overshadowed. Blame Fort Worth for that. Dallas promotes itself as modern, progressive, world class, and comsopolitan. Fort Worth promotes itself as slow, laid back, small town, and western. And then blames Dallas when it doesn't get noticed. Fort Worth also has no pro sports teams, and although there are some well-known companies in Fort Worth, none really have an instant tie to Fort Worth, like say Neiman Marcus in Dallas (and I think NM is now owned by a FW company) or Starbucks in Seattle. American Airlines is based in Fort Worth and it's name is on an arena in DALLAS. And not to mention Dallas has one of the most recognizable and beautiful skylines in the country.
Lol, if you say so. I have been to other cities, like NYC, and tell them I am from Fort Worth. I never have had a problem with the recognition of our city. Some have even added that they never cared much for Dallas, but they enjoyed the rest of DFW. Many outsiders view Dallas as pretentious, with a generic city personality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2016, 04:54 AM

24 posts, read 16,038 times
Well lets see, the public transportation sucks, freaking buses stop running at 10PM, and they don't go into our suburbs, hell they don't even go to all parts of our city. fort worth is a major city that runs the bus service like we are a small town. the only trains we have are the ones that go to dallas. other cities I have been to you can close out the bar and ride the bus/train home.

Old 09-13-2016, 04:59 AM

24 posts, read 16,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJB327 View Post
I agree with others who say there's nothing we can do about it. It may change in 40 or so years. DFW is expected to have more people than Chicago one day. It will end an eight decade era of Ny,LA, and Chi being the three most populated metros. Also around that time, FW will have about 1.4M and dallas 1.5M.

I expect that by then, there will be more marketing on the FW side. Chi, LA Have two baseball teams. LA has two bball teams. FW will have more name recognition by then nationwide.

Another sad thing is Arlington is looked at as a suburb. It's a city in the middle of two large cities. It has more people than tampa, cincinatti, stl, buffalo but its looked at as a burb.
And unlike those cities Arlington refuses to have public transportation.

Old 09-13-2016, 03:24 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,938,718 times
Why has this thread not closed...?

Old 09-30-2017, 10:35 PM

3,000 posts, read 3,114,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Why has this thread not closed...?
You know you love it!!!!!

Old 02-08-2018, 05:32 PM

7,032 posts, read 14,504,203 times
[quote=chattyone;2697810]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyone View Post
I say that Houston is Jock Ewing, Dallas JR Ewing, Bobby Austin and Ray Fort Worth. I love them all, They are all unique and different in their own way.
Dallas : Sheldon Cooper :: Fort Worth : Leonard Hofstadter

Old 03-19-2018, 11:29 AM

5,202 posts, read 3,126,645 times
[quote=ragnarkar;50967843]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyone View Post

Dallas : Sheldon Cooper :: Fort Worth : Leonard Hofstadter
After spending a couple of weeks in both cities, my take is they are more akin to Beavis and Butthead.

Old 03-19-2018, 08:11 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,938,718 times
You people seriously keep bringing this back up...?

Old 08-17-2019, 11:09 AM

2 posts, read 1,493 times
The easiest way to deal with this issue of "being overshadowed" is to merge FW into Dallas-Fort Worth, creating the greatest metropolis on earth.

Old 08-18-2019, 07:26 AM

2,516 posts, read 2,227,209 times
Nope. Nope. Hell to the no. I was born in Dallas and grew up there. Even though I live inFort Worth now, I still love Dallas. I think this is a terrible idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth