Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2019, 11:17 AM

56 posts, read 38,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcualum View Post
Nope. Nope. Hell to the no. I was born in Dallas and grew up there. Even though I live inFort Worth now, I still love Dallas. I think this is a terrible idea.
It all, already runs into each other!

Why in the hell are people arguing over this non-sense?

The DFW Metroplex. Get it?......guess not
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2019, 12:10 PM

2,511 posts, read 2,214,194 times
The city cultures of Dallas and Fort Worth are very different plus Fort Worth would get subsumed into Dallas instead of it being a partnership of equals. Have you lived in the cities for any length of time? The suburbs don't count.

Old 09-13-2019, 09:34 AM

1,447 posts, read 1,487,298 times
As Amon Carter would say.....Dallas....where the East peters out....and FORT WORTH where the WEST begins.

Old 09-13-2019, 12:00 PM

56 posts, read 38,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcualum View Post
The city cultures of Dallas and Fort Worth are very different plus Fort Worth would get subsumed into Dallas instead of it being a partnership of equals. Have you lived in the cities for any length of time? The suburbs don't count.
Yes in both. Neither are as isolated from each other developmentally as they once were. I've met people great, and not so much in both. And, also the suburbs of each which do count these days.

I would not necessarily call it "homogeneous" as far as "city culture" goes, but certainly much less isolated than say 30 years ago.

Yes there is a difference between the "Stockyards" and "Deep Ellum" oh for sure.

But I think people make far to big a thing out of all this, many times remembering the bad experiences, and nothing else.

Someone who was not familiar with the DFW Metro area could drive from Mesquite on I30 all the way into Ft. Worth, and if they didn't know any different, they might mistake it for one sprawling Metropolis, which in many ways it is. So much of it "all seems to run together".

I've lived all over the DFW Metro area since 1968.

Perhaps my perspective is different than at least some since I do not have this absurd "us vs. them" mentality about all this.

I love most all my North/South/East/West Dallas/Ft Worth brothers and sisters.

I don't meet many strangers and am generally a people lover.

Old 09-19-2019, 08:00 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,450,763 times
It's all one area......Ft.Worth is a large neighborhood in DFW and Dallas is larger neighborhood in DFW.

Simple as that.

Old 09-19-2019, 08:20 PM

2,511 posts, read 2,214,194 times

Old 05-22-2021, 07:35 AM

223 posts, read 140,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exult.Q36 View Post
Fort Worth natives I know when I travel around the country and I say that I am from Fort Worth they reply aw your from dallas and I respond no I am not I am from Fort Worth. Fort Worth never gets the recognition that it deserves and we are tired of it. We have to promote our city and stop giving Dallas all the credit. Fort Worth has 9 fortune 500 companies 7 that is within city limits. Some major cities do not have one. The Texas Motor Speedway is in Fort Worth, but yet commentators still refer to it as the Texas Motor Speed Way in Dallas. This is very disrepectful to the citizens of our great city. These type of things have to stop and needs to stop now. We are the fastest growing city in North Texas, the state of texas, and the nation needs to know that we are a force to be recond with. FORT WORTH PRIDE!!!!!
It has everything to do with sports teams.

Until FT Worth gets its own sport franchises it will always be in the shadow of Dallas because of the Dallas Cowboys, Mavericks and Stars.

The Dallas Cowboys are the most valuable sports franchise in the entire world.

People from out of state tend to be surprised when I tell them that FT Worth is a separate city from Dallas. Most of the people I work with thought that FT Worth was just a section or suburb of Dallas like Arlington.

If any of yall are familiar with Phoenix a lot of people thought that FT Worth was another Tempe, or Glendale.

Old 05-27-2021, 04:51 PM

153 posts, read 110,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear Bear View Post
It has everything to do with sports teams.

Until FT Worth gets its own sport franchises it will always be in the shadow of Dallas because of the Dallas Cowboys, Mavericks and Stars.

The Dallas Cowboys are the most valuable sports franchise in the entire world.

People from out of state tend to be surprised when I tell them that FT Worth is a separate city from Dallas. Most of the people I work with thought that FT Worth was just a section or suburb of Dallas like Arlington.

If any of yall are familiar with Phoenix a lot of people thought that FT Worth was another Tempe, or Glendale.
Section or suburb of Dallas like Arlington.... nice try... but Arlington is a suburb of Fort Worth. Commit a crime or be subject to a lawsuit there and your trial will take place in downtown Fort Worth.

Sorry, just had to put that out there, lol. Dallas people have trouble staying in their lane. Hehe (I'm joking by the way, just keeping the rivalry alive)

Old 05-31-2021, 12:30 PM

223 posts, read 140,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamLegend2000 View Post
Section or suburb of Dallas like Arlington.... nice try... but Arlington is a suburb of Fort Worth. Commit a crime or be subject to a lawsuit there and your trial will take place in downtown Fort Worth.

Sorry, just had to put that out there, lol. Dallas people have trouble staying in their lane. Hehe (I'm joking by the way, just keeping the rivalry alive)

Im curious if people from Arlington state they are from Ft Worth or Dallas.

Most people I know from Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville will tell people they grew up in a suburb of Dallas.

Old 05-31-2021, 06:32 PM

153 posts, read 110,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear Bear View Post
Im curious if people from Arlington state they are from Ft Worth or Dallas.

Most people I know from Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville will tell people they grew up in a suburb of Dallas.
Not sure. I know a lot of people from Arlington but they say they are from Arlington. It's probably different depending on where they are when they are asked. Stubborn FW people are probably the only ones that would be in Belgium telling people they are from Texas and when pressed will say Fort Worth and mention it is close to Dallas. Everyone else in the metro will probably just say from Texas. Then just say Dallas. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth