Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 10:20 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,758,855 times

Advertisements

Fort Worth ghetto? Are you kidding me? Apparently you have not been keeping up with how much FW has progressed. Yeah, it used to be pretty bad but Fort Worth isn't anything like it used to be. You must be young.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 11:29 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,747,031 times
I love Fort Worth. Its my favorite city in Texas.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:32 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,062,627 times
I plan on moving to Dallas from Florida very soon. I really like the Dallas area. I also have visited Ft. Worth and it wasn't for me.

But reading these different posts it sounds like in Texas everyone has such pride for their city--its almost like turf wars. My city is better than yours type thing--is it really like that in Texas.

From what I gathered from Dallas vs Ft Worth. Dallas appears very cosmopolatin and very much into status.

Where as Ft. Worth didn't appear to be that way. I felt MUCH more comfortable driving in Ft. Worth vs Dallas but Ft Worth appears to have a more slower Western appeal.

Ft Worth didn't appear to have any superficiality. I immediatley saw the difference between Dallas and Ft worth while approaching the Ft Worth area.

I do look forward to my move to Texas--ready to leave Florida. Destination Dallas for me.

Old 01-26-2010, 10:09 PM

585 posts, read 362,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
But reading these different posts it sounds like in Texas everyone has such pride for their city--its almost like turf wars. My city is better than yours type thing--is it really like that in Texas.
I've always viewed the "competition" between cities as a fun-loving rivalry. Every major city in Texas has its own je ne sais quoi; to me it's not possible for one "feel" of a city to be better than another. Some people just take it too far...probably because as Texans, we naturally take pride in our city's achievements in order to feel a sense of belonging to the city.

I spend more leisure time in Fort Worth than in Dallas because it is much closer to where I live "out of the city", but I enjoy visiting both places.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:44 AM

7 posts, read 47,721 times
Default Fort Worth vs Dallas

A contractor from Denver sits in the office next to my office. I overheard him tell someone on the phone that he was in Dallas. After his conversation was over I went into his office and told him that we were in Down Town Fort Worth and he should not forget that.

He laughed and said that as long as he has been coming to Fort Worth for contract work people from Fort Worth always get on his case about saying he is in Dallas.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:57 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettwp View Post
He laughed and said that as long as he has been coming to Fort Worth for contract work people from Fort Worth always get on his case about saying he is in Dallas.
And that's just the way it's always gonna be.

It'll be a cold day in Hell before I EVER say I'm from Dallas, while living in Fort Worth.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:29 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,841,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
And that's just the way it's always gonna be.

It'll be a cold day in Hell before I EVER say I'm from Dallas, while living in Fort Worth.
LOL Well people are voting with there feet and Fort Worth is winning. Fastest growing city in North Texas since 2000.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:58 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times
I have lived in both Fort Worth and Dallas, and Fort Worth is far superior to live in. Traffic is bad enough here, but in Dallas, it's beyond bad. And Fort Worth has a much friendlier vibe. Fort Worth is a big town ("where the West begins"), while Dallas is a city ("where the East peters out").

Old 01-28-2010, 11:48 AM

252 posts, read 724,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
The thing is, we are SO overshadowed by Dallas, people outside the Metroplex don't think so. But hey, at least we can say that Fort Worth has the only good college football (and baseball) team in North Texas.
But realistically, unless you go to TCU, you can't really claim their football team as your own just because you're in Ft. Worth.

Too many people in Austin do this and it looks silly to me.

Anyway, personally I might be headed to DFW and I'm considering Ft. Worth over Dallas for the reasons listed above.

Old 01-28-2010, 05:31 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triwing View Post
But realistically, unless you go to TCU, you can't really claim their football team as your own just because you're in Ft. Worth.

Too many people in Austin do this and it looks silly to me.

Anyway, personally I might be headed to DFW and I'm considering Ft. Worth over Dallas for the reasons listed above.
I personally dont have anything againt Ft.Worth but this is a city vs. City thread. And to all of the people who say that they would move to Ft.Worth over Dallas...it really dosent bother us dallasites because it IS one Metroplex.....and besides..once u get settled in Ft.worth u are going str8 to your closet to pick out something to wear to Dallas!...Reality is,Dallas is where you would do EVERYTHING besides sleep..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth