Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2010, 08:57 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times

Advertisements

As a native Fort Worther, we know we have a better city than Dallas. We are secure enough to not let these things bother us.

There has always been a riverly to some extent, just ask Amon Carter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 10:38 AM

656 posts, read 1,356,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer619 View Post
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Because Fort Worth is growing so fast, it will probably pass Dallas before the next census and become the anchor of the metroplex as a result. I have family in Fort Worth and I visit there quite often, and I HARDLY EVER go to Dallas when I'am there. I really don't care to or have a reason to. Fort Worth has everthing that one could possibly need or want out of a major city.

The one time that I did travel through Dallas, the traffic during rush hour was worse than any that I have been through in LA and the people were even ruder drivers than in LA. However, I never had any problems with traffic in Fort Worth. I like how even though Fort Worth is a large, rapidly growing city, it still feels very open and spacey, not "crammed together" and overcrowded like Dallas. Oh, you forgot to mention the Fort Worth Zoo, which is amoung the top 5 in the country. You NEVER hear about the one Dallas; outside of Dallas, anyway.

Fort Worth is a great city (I' am moving there soon myself) with plenty of things to do, and those people you speak of definitely need to understand that!

I moved down here about a month ago, I have been very pleased except for this 30 degree weather we are having these past couple days.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:04 AM

367 posts, read 818,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Welcome to Fort Worth
Quote:
I'll second that. Fort Worth is a great city with some of the best people you will find ANYWHERE.
Thank you both!

I keep getting told so many great things about Fort Worth, we're really looking forward to moving there!

Old 03-24-2010, 12:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,837 times
I think a lot of you miss the point about Ft. Worth. The reason it is better, is because it is not like Dallas or Houston. It doesn't need more sky scrapers or malls. The downtown area has become a great area to visit. When I was kid you wouldn't be caught dead downtown after dark!
The city has done a lot to revitalize some areas of the town, it just needs to keep doing it and work on the mass transit problems.

Old 03-24-2010, 01:55 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,063,077 times
I did enjoy visiting downtown Ft. Worth. I thought it was charming and had great eateries. The people seemed very nice. I can definitely tell the difference between Ft Worth and Dallas. There is a difference. I also got a chance to visit the stockyards, and my friend was saying that Ft Worth is a true depiction of what Texas is like--that Dallas is a fallacy and it is overly pretentious. I thought that area looked country--and I was quickly corrected that they take offense to that term "country' and prefer to be known as Western....either way it was nice to visit. But I felt more comfortable in Dallas opposed to Ft Worth. I do like the glitzy buildings and the skyscrappers. We don't have much of that where I am from.Plus I loooooved the shopping in Dallas. I did notice there were alot more high end cars in the Dallas area opposed to Ft Worth. My friend states there are many millionaires in Ft Worth but they do not feel the need to show off in a fancy car.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:57 PM

15 posts, read 46,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txman View Post
Dallas promotes itself as modern, progressive, world class, and comsopolitan.
Haha. Please, Dont try and act like a hick city is on the same level of Los Angeles or NYC. lol

Old 03-24-2010, 03:16 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lthornto View Post
I think a lot of you miss the point about Ft. Worth. The reason it is better, is because it is not like Dallas or Houston. It doesn't need more sky scrapers or malls. The downtown area has become a great area to visit. When I was kid you wouldn't be caught dead downtown after dark!
The city has done a lot to revitalize some areas of the town, it just needs to keep doing it and work on the mass transit problems.
The problem with Downtown Dallas is that it (seems to be) built just for business. There are several vacant towers there.
Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE for Fort Worth to have more highrises/skyscrapers, but not like Dallas does.

For one thing, our city blocks are only 200 x 200 ft., so we can't have the exact same type of buildings they do, but we could build more, while keeping the pedestrian and vistor in mind. That means, more street level development infused with highrises.... IMO.

Old 03-24-2010, 04:45 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,765,323 times
I do not like Fort Worth at all,it is to cowboy-ish. In my whole life I have been to Fort Worth one time.

Old 03-24-2010, 05:16 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,270,957 times
Resident Houstonian here. I love Ft. Worth. Dallas is pretentious. Only thing that would hold me back from moving to Ft. Worth is finding a job and the fact that you get close to 10 degrees colder than Houston in winter. Oh and signif. other would have to approve

Old 03-25-2010, 10:14 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,843,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
I do not like Fort Worth at all,it is to cowboy-ish. In my whole life I have been to Fort Worth one time.
Guess what I don't like Dallas and the fact you only been to Fort Worth one time in your entire life is really not the recipe for disliking the place but whatever floats your boat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth