Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 08:01 PM

641 posts, read 793,994 times

Advertisements

I'm currently in a starter home in Keller, TX. Preparing to sell this spring for a somewhat dream home in Arlington. I recently drove through Interlochen and fell in love!! I have elementary school kids and I don't mind if they end up in Lamar High. I'm willing to put up with it to be in that neighborhood.

I value diversity. I value being within 15mins of everything. I'll own up to it, I'm self conscious and want to have the pride (or showing off) that comes with a prestigious neighborhood. Interlochen is at the top range of our house budget.

I'd like those who know Arlington to rank its neighborhoods by prestige and desirability. I would like to see where Interlochen ranks and would also like to check out the other neighborhoods before deciding on one area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2015, 11:06 PM

Arlington may not be as prestigious as colleyville, but this neighborhood seems prestigious to me. It has to be one of arlington's most prestigious. What other neighborhoods would rank on a top 10 and where would interlochen fit in was my original question.

Old 11-24-2015, 07:23 AM

8,093 posts, read 8,222,848 times
Arllington has some beautiful areas and North Arlington offers a wonderful location. I have flirted with the idea of buying in the Forest Hills section several times. I would rank in this order:

Top Arlington Communities:

Hampton Woods
Forest Hills
Loch Highland
Enchanted Lake (on the shoreline)
Willow Bend
Rush Creek Estates
Interlochen
Prestonwood

Last edited by WorldKlas; 11-24-2015 at 07:35 AM..

Old 11-24-2015, 09:57 AM

In the middle of this page are some of the more expensive subdivisions in Arlington:

Homes for Sale in Forest Hills Subdivision Arlington Texas

Old 11-24-2015, 10:09 AM

137 posts, read 141,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
Arllington has some beautiful areas and North Arlington offers a wonderful location. I have flirted with the idea of buying in the Forest Hills section several times. I would rank in this order:

Hampden Woods - ~$1 Million (2003)
Forest Hills - ~$500K (1988)
Loch Highland -
Enchanted Lake (on the shoreline) - ~$500K (1978)
Willow Bend -
Rush Creek Estates
Interlochen -
Prestonwood -
What would be the average price range and year built for all these hoods?

Old 11-24-2015, 10:38 AM

1,636 posts, read 4,079,013 times
Moderator Note: Just a reminder that any future posts containing personal attacks or content not pertaining to the thread's original topic will be removed.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:13 PM

Quote:

Hampton Woods
Forest Hills
Loch Highland
Enchanted Lake (on the shoreline)
Willow Bend
Rush Creek Estates
Interlochen
Prestonwood
Thank you so much for your suggestion. This is exactly what I needed and I will bookmark this to reference it when im house hunting.

Thanks again, Happy holidays

Old 11-30-2015, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJB327 View Post
Thank you so much for your suggestion. This is exactly what I needed and I will bookmark this to reference it when im house hunting.

Thanks again, Happy holidays
OH, also Wimbleton too

Old 11-30-2015, 06:14 PM

Quote:
OH, also Wimbleton too
Ok. Good to know another affordable one is available. I can only afford half of the ones you mentioned.

I would've never known north arlington was prestigous. N side neighborhoods seem way to close to crappy apartments near brown and ballpark way to the east and the crap in far east fort worth to the west.

The location is perfect! What is your theory on why none of the atrocities that affect those bad areas spreads into the good prestigous areas. Even interlochen seems to go untouched despite being a stone throw away from east fort worth.

I have my theory on why Martin HS area goes untouched. The extremely bad area is across the lake. You also have to get on the highway from bad areas to get there. In North side or interlochen, someone can simply drive down the road and be in a bad area.

Old 11-30-2015, 06:25 PM

I moved to Arlington (Martin HS zone) in 1988 and lived there about 10 years before moving to Mansfield in the Walnut Creek area. Back then, Lamar HS out performed Martin and was the "rich kids" school. So, the area has slipped. The middle schools in the Martin attendance zone, however, have always been the top middle schools.

Butler elementary used to be the most desirable elementary (serves Prestonwood and some other very nice areas in NARL) and still is a very strong elementary. Pope has slipped (serves Interlochen) but still is a good school.

Interlochen, Forest Hills and Prestonwood in the North have residents who have lived there years and year -- even some original owners. My son has lived in Prestonwood for over a decade and most of his neighbors have lived there longer than he has. My gkid will finish Butler next year and then attend private school for middle and high school. Euless Harmony and Summit are also nearby charter school options. The stable neighborhoods help a lot in keeping crime out because neighbors know eachother and look out for each other.

I like Arlington very much. Its a real city, not a burb, and cannot be compared to little suburbs. I am an investor and still own a couple of Arlington rent houses. They are in the Martin zone, but I love NARL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth