Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2008, 08:39 PM

3 posts, read 38,003 times

Advertisements

My husband will be working at JPS Hospital in Ft. Worth and we are moving this June. We plan on renting either an apartment or home for $1000 a month, but we aren't sure where to focus our search. I don't know the area at all and am looking for helpful suggestions. I will be at home all the time and probably alone a lot with our 2 year old son. I am really concerned about finding a safe, family oriented area since we will be alone at night a fair amount. It is hard to know where to look on a map, I have looked at North Richland Hills?? Is that a good place? I would ideally love a suburb type area, I am not a downtown kind of gal. Especially with my little boy in tow.

Any suggestions welcome, we are clueless but really want a safe clean place.Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 11:53 AM

3,086 posts, read 7,582,835 times
North Richland Hills can be a very good place, lots of family oriented things going on and close to just about anything you might need or want as far as fast food, sit down restaurants, shopping etc. Traffic patterns can drag you down if you aren't familiar with alternate routes. Commute to JPS could be as quick as 15 minutes and as long as 40 minutes depending on time of day, traffic conditions and what part of the city you are in. NRH is a very large city actually.

There are numerous other cities that can serve you well also, it just depends on what else you prefer and you will likely have to do some drving around to see what's there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth