Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 07:12 AM

1,844 posts, read 830,741 times

Advertisements

Its well known that the northern FW metro area is a great place to live, so I wanted to see what members thought about the south. Which southern Suburb is best overall? Which one will experience the most growth by the year 2018? (Arlington, Grand Prairie, Mansfield, Midlothian, Kennedale, Rendon Area, Burleson, Venus, Alvarado, Keene, Joshua, Cleburne, Everman, Burleson, Crowley, Benbrook, Aledo, Annetta, Godley, Cresson, and any small city that I missed).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 08:28 AM

286 posts, read 382,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProtege View Post
Its well known that the northern FW metro area is a great place to live, so I wanted to see what members thought about the south. Which southern Suburb is best overall? Which one will experience the most growth by the year 2018? (Arlington, Grand Prairie, Mansfield, Midlothian, Kennedale, Rendon Area, Burleson, Venus, Alvarado, Keene, Joshua, Cleburne, Everman, Burleson, Crowley, Benbrook, Aledo, Annetta, Godley, Cresson, and any small city that I missed).
The closer you get to I35 the more dense it already is. For the record, I personally dislike Arlington as it is plain jane no culture shopping center USA.

But the best out of the ones listed are probably Aledo, and Benbrook, that are already in existence I mean. Aledo is going to explode especially with Walsh Ranch, the plan on building like 10,000 or some odd amount of homes. Basically everything outside (west of Fort Worth) Loop 820 will explode in growth within the next 10 years. by 20 years it will be fully populated.

Old 03-01-2016, 06:11 PM

540 posts, read 1,105,283 times
Quote:
Which southern Suburb is best overall?
Totally subjective depending on what you prefer. Though, I would hardly call Arlington and Grand Prairie "suburbs".

Quote:
Which one will experience the most growth by the year 2018?
Aledo is going to explode. Maybe not completely by 2018, but the plans for Walsh Ranch at build out is 14000 homes and 30-40000 population. Then there are the other developments in work. 77% of Walsh Ranch is in Aledo ISD boundaries and AISD plans to build their next elementary school in Walsh Ranch starting later this year.

Also, as development continues along the CTP, population along CTP from Hulen down to Cleburne will definitely grow.

Old 03-01-2016, 07:07 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,533,977 times
[QUOTEAISD plans to build their next elementary school in Walsh Ranch starting later this [/quote]

Ask Aledo residents with kids in school how happy they are about that? Answer: they're not. Next school board election should be...interesting.

Old 03-01-2016, 07:20 PM

Yeah, I don't have kids, so I didn't follow it very closely but I did hear that the decision is NOT popular. I know the trustees decided against the recommendation to build one on Kelly road, though I don't know exactly where on Kelly road that they were targeting.

Old 03-01-2016, 08:09 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,533,977 times
Intersection of FM 5 and Kelly Rd. Was in the works for years. Then a couple of school board members decided they knew better and chose to bow to Walsh Ranch (good luck with all that) and forsake the CURRENT residents.

Old 03-02-2016, 12:14 AM

1,844 posts, read 830,741 times
This is my first time hearing about Walsh Ranch, looks interesting. Has work started on the project or is it still just planned?
Most people wouldn't consider a city with a population of over 100,000 a suburb, but i decided to give every southern city a chance.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:02 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,835,591 times
Quote:
This is my first time hearing about Walsh Ranch, looks interesting. Has work started on the project or is it still just planned?
Most people wouldn't consider a city with a population of over 100,000 a suburb, but i decided to give every southern city a chance.
Considering how much undeveloped land Fort Worth has you may consider actually living in Fort Worth. The Walsh Ranch development is a master planned community in far west Fort Worth. Also, there are a plethora of planned communities along Chisholm Trail Parkway toll road.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Well, they have put in the new bridge over I-30 along with the Walsh Parkway exits. Though to be honest, I'm not sure if the actual building of homes has started. I'm fairly certain they've been doing utility work/layout though. But I don't know the actual status of work at the moment.

Old 03-03-2016, 01:49 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,250,942 times
Quote:
No, construction of the homes hasn't started. They plan on having some model homes ready by then end of the year. Still in the process of finalizing builders. However, the development of the streets and first phase are underway.

Naima
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth