Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2008, 01:03 PM

1 posts, read 4,741 times

Advertisements

Looking to possible move out to the Newark area. We have been looking the the Chisholm Springs subdivision and would like any feedback if possible. We have a 1y/o and another on the way. Any feedback on schools, crime, way of life, and growth would be great.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 04:12 PM

126 posts, read 408,784 times
I used to live in Wise County and while i know that Newark is growing very rapidly with new development, but when i was living in the area it had the reputation of being full of things like trailor parks(not even pre-fab, actual trailors) and meth labs. It may have changed in the past 8 years though, but that is just the impression that has stuck with me about Newark.

Old 02-13-2008, 01:31 AM

1,379 posts, read 6,426,066 times
Yah it has grown rapidly. While I don't know exactly the subdivision you are talking about, I am assuming that it is close to the Middle School out there that has the same name and various subdivisions out there. Seven Hills Elementary is out there as well.

My impression was that there were some nice single family homes there. I have a friend that lives out in the area and is very happy with it. Hopefully you will get some more feedback here, but I think it would definately be worth exploring.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:35 AM

26 posts, read 166,562 times
Newark isn't too far from Haslet, which is where I live. There is still "country life", but close enough to the city. I have driven through Newark and know there are very nice subdivisions coming about. It is in Northwest ISD, which has an excellent reputation. I'm not sure about Newark, but I know Haslet is expected to grow tremendously. The area I live in has a plan of 9,000+ homes. I know, gross. With the way the market has been though I predict it will take a LONG time to get there. So I am just enjoying the area now while it's small. You would probably do the majority of your grocery shopping in Saginaw or drive all the way to Keller.

Old 02-16-2008, 01:22 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,426,066 times
Hiya! I was actually driving back from Grapevine yesterday and drove past Chisholm Springs. Its the new development to the west of 287? It looked pretty cute and looked like the houses do have some nice property around them (meaning they aren't on 5' lot lines or anything like that).

Old 11-28-2008, 12:53 PM
mlr

13 posts, read 50,537 times
I think that is a nice place. I like the country feel out there! Seems like a small town place but close enough to shopping and stuff!

Old 11-29-2008, 07:10 PM

1,383 posts, read 3,433,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by packerbackerrob15 View Post
Looking to possible move out to the Newark area. We have been looking the the Chisholm Springs subdivision and would like any feedback if possible. We have a 1y/o and another on the way. Any feedback on schools, crime, way of life, and growth would be great.

Thanks
Ya Chisholm Springs in Newark is a very nice neighborhood. The homes in there are nice. Newark is in Northwest ISd, which is a very good school district. That whole area is growing fast and it is very close to Fort Worth.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:36 AM

1 posts, read 3,204 times
it's technically NOT "Newark" area...but for property taxes it's classified as "Newark" area. My fiance and I are expecting a baby in December and that's where we're looking for houses. I was born and raised in Wise County and he's from California and his family has lived in Haslet the last two years since they moved to Texas. Newark as well as most Wise County, Parker County, Denton County...and most of North Texas has aquired a repuation for drugs and white trash. Well, welcome to Texas. It's inevitable almost anywhere. Chisholm Springs is a very safe and friendly little neighborhood and the plus is that it isn't looking to expand much larger than a few more houses on lots waiting to be built. That will probably be where we settle down for our first home and I'm very pleased about it. It's an EXCELLENT area to live in!

Old 08-03-2010, 10:09 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
the post you responded to had its last comment in 2008--
if you wanted to brag on your neighborhood you did not have to post as a response to one that was two years old...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth