U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 05:17 PM

37 posts, read 42,881 times

Advertisements

How safe is downtown Fort Worth and the TRE from about centerpoint station to downtown for a female by herself. And another question is the FW Convention center close to any of the downtown stations and which station is the closest. And also how is the area about 10 at night? Thank you for your input.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2016, 07:45 PM

10,501 posts, read 22,335,634 times
Convention Center is closer to the ITC. It's not a horrible walk, and you could always grab the bus that runs the downtown loop instead of walking late at night.

Downtown FW is VERY safe. Between the FWPD and the Bass family's private security patrols, you shouldn't have any problems. Sundance Square is awesome at night. Go have a drink on Reata's rooftop bar and watch the sunset.

Old 04-14-2016, 08:31 AM

So it's basically opposite of downtown Dallas because there were a lot of bums begging for money when we were in downtown Dallas just early this year so I was just wondering. I know there are a lot of forgotten people in both cities.

Old 04-14-2016, 08:55 AM

167 posts, read 225,893 times
Fort Worth downtown is very active and vibrant, especially since the completion of Sundance Square Plaza. There are people walking all over, with free valet parking everywhere you see a red umbrella (tips appreciated!). Families, singles, all sorts of people from different walks of life. The occasional beggar, but Fort Worth has some large missions/charities that help the homeless where possible, and the downtown patrols ensure that people are as safe as possible.

Old 04-14-2016, 11:59 AM

10,501 posts, read 22,335,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidlewisville View Post
So it's basically opposite of downtown Dallas because there were a lot of bums begging for money when we were in downtown Dallas just early this year so I was just wondering. I know there are a lot of forgotten people in both cities.
Yes.
Back when my office was in Burnett Plaza, I walked all over downtown and frequently took the TRE to work.

Old 04-20-2016, 01:16 PM

367 posts, read 739,909 times
I used to work in downtown Fort Worth. I miss it.

Old 04-25-2016, 09:18 PM

15 posts, read 20,448 times
I am from South Florida and my daughter is going to school in Ft Worth so I feel like a part time resident now...We just visited the Water Gardens the other night quite late and felt very safe. Dallas however, no way..its as bad as Miami..which is sad to me....Come on Dallas your still in TEXAS, bring in the Texas Rangers and get a hold of the city.

Old 04-26-2016, 11:14 PM
JJG

13,566 posts, read 20,378,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoZ71 View Post
I am from South Florida and my daughter is going to school in Ft Worth so I feel like a part time resident now...We just visited the Water Gardens the other night quite late and felt very safe. Dallas however, no way..its as bad as Miami..which is sad to me....Come on Dallas your still in TEXAS, bring in the Texas Rangers and get a hold of the city.
That's one thing you do NOT want to say in a Fort Worth forum...

Old 05-13-2016, 06:03 PM

Thank you for all of your responses I was actually was born in Ft Worth but raised mainly in Dallas so I was really unfamiliar with Ft Worth but I will visit more often seeing how safe and nice it is. I could live in downtown Ft Worth but it wouldn't be feasible.

Old 05-14-2016, 10:22 PM

641 posts, read 621,951 times
Downtown FW is a great place. It's vibrant and very safe. There are some billionaires referred to as the Bass Brothers who pretty much run downtown. They are way more powerful than people think.

Bass Security (City Center) is not your run of the mill security company. They are in bed with the district attorney's office and police department. The bass brothers' own a lot of land, buildings, and garages downtown. They lease the land to businesses. If it's a bricked out sidewalk, it's land that's owned by the bass's.

The reason this is important: although a particular block may seem like a public place, it is not. You can technically be exiled/trespassed out of that part of downtown FW if they don't want you there. This is why you will never see a large criminal element or homeless population in those parts of downtown. The police will arrest you and the da office will charge you with trespass if you've been warned that you can't be there.

Other examples of the Bass's pull:

1. ESPN. The bass's are a large part of why ESPN sets up it's broadcast station in Sundance Square when national sporting events are taking place in DFW.

2. Any other big event downtown. Ie: Arts Festival - Bass's are a key component to why this is a success every year. They put police officers on payroll (via off duty jobs) to increase security downtown. They also allow people to park in the large garages for free to entice people to go downtown to have a good time.

3. Blue Bell - They recently rescued Blue Bell Ice cream with a $125 million dollar loan.

Another note: I'm not saying the Bass's are evil power hungry people. They are very smart businessmen. I actually love what they've done for the city and more billionaires/millionaires should do the same things in their respective towns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth