Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2016, 07:04 PM

4 posts, read 15,714 times

Advertisements

Seems next to impossible but somewhere there has to be a upper middle class neighborhood in Tarrant county. New construction. In
Wife and I have done the HOA thing and never again. Lived in zip 76244 for 8 years it was great back in '08.
HOA's seem to be entrenched with power hungry Nazi's and you have no due process. Any ideas??? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 12:21 AM

1,429 posts, read 1,453,737 times
They say almost every new neighborhood built in Texas will have an HOA.
I don't know this to be true, but it's like the needle in the haystack to find one without HOA.

In many ways I am not a fan of HOAs too. However it is amazing in Tarrant county and probably most other places, you go into a 20 year old neighborhood and you can tell if they have HOA or not.

When I see trucks, boats, campers, jacked up cars, lawns not mowed, all kind of crazy colors on homes, etc I know immediately I'm in a neighborhood with no HOA.

Most of the ones with HOA do look better as they age.

Old 09-28-2016, 05:41 AM

11,819 posts, read 26,681,429 times
Most of Grapevine doesn't have HOAs. But then most of the homes here aren't new construction.

My neighborhood doesn't have an HOA, and we don't have those problems at all. No one has painted their house purple, and although there is the occasional camper or boat in front of someone's house, it isn't there for very long. City Code Enforcement also is a huge help if a house isn't being maintained or has high grass.

Old 09-29-2016, 06:53 AM

23,981 posts, read 10,333,050 times
350-450 will not get you "upper middle class" without HOA and new construction in Tarrant County. You may find something in one of the older neighborhoods or have to custom build.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:04 AM

286 posts, read 379,182 times
Rural area only. With that amount of money I'd go west to parker county or NW Tarrant County and just buy myself acreage. Be careful what you wish for. HOA's help keep the value of your own home up high. Without an HOA you can have a beautiful house than an rotten down trailer home next door. lol

Old 09-30-2016, 10:49 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,416,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringamac92 View Post
Rural area only. With that amount of money I'd go west to parker county or NW Tarrant County and just buy myself acreage. Be careful what you wish for. HOA's help keep the value of your own home up high. Without an HOA you can have a beautiful house than an rotten down trailer home next door. lol
More likely you have a rotten HOA and everyone except the board members and management company are very unhappy. There is no evidence that HOAs "keep the value of your own home up". There's plenty of evidence that HOAs can cost you your house and more.

Old 10-01-2016, 10:08 AM

1,206 posts, read 1,520,995 times
There are some areas in Colleyville with no HOA or a voluntary one.

Old 10-01-2016, 04:31 PM

2,502 posts, read 2,176,989 times
In our neighborhood a home was foreclosed on and the bank didn't hire someone to mow the lawn. A member of the HOA board is a lawyer so he sent a letter to the bank on law firm letterhead telling them that they were in violation of HOA guidelines by not hiring someone to mow the lawn. The bank complied and while it didn't look very good it didn't look like a crack house anymore. That being said, I don't live in a very restrictive HOA. For example, you can park cars in front of your house without the HOA complaining.

Old 10-01-2016, 10:03 PM

4,842 posts, read 3,608,891 times
I have an HOA in Trailwood, a moderly priced development in N Fort Worth. They do drive-arounds checking out the property. Lots of folks fail to mow their yards. The guy across the street from me had weeds 18 inches high. So they basically don't do much at all.

We pay $350 a year, but basically that is just for the pool in the summer and common area grounds upkeep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth