U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 11:34 AM

5 posts, read 2,309 times

Advertisements

Hello!

I'm kindly asking you for help in the following matter: we need a photo for a team game. We are people from all over the world and the final stage in our game is to take a pic of various landmarks. This round the required photo is of the herd of Texas longhorns, in the Stockyards National Historic District, Fort Worth. Unfortunately noone in our team is close to that location.

The photo can be taken at 11:30 a.m. or 4 p.m., when the herd is driven down Exchange Avenue, OR in their pens behind the Livestock Exchange Building on East Exchange Avenue.

Please, is anyone close enough and willing to help us?

The needed photo must contain a team sign (handwritten or printed), that's why I can't take the pic from the web. In case of a positive answer, I'll give you more details about the sign.

Thank you very much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2016, 04:24 AM

Since there are 0 responses to my post, I'm asking you: is my request inappropriate on this forum?

Well, I understand it is not exactly usual, but I thought someone could be nearby, maybe enjoying a cup of coffee in one of those nice bars or diners from the neighborhood. And yes, I've tried contacting them too, no luck. Also emailed some of the photographers close to the location, no reply either. Calling is not quite feasible since I'm in Europe.

Maybe a suggestion where to look for someone willing to help us with the pic? Please?

Old 11-26-2016, 08:45 AM

1,044 posts, read 1,315,699 times
Honestly, your posts sound excessively self absorbed and deeply unaware of human psychology.

Why would anyone take time out of their holiday weekend to do a stranger this odd favor? You might start with explaining the "game" that you are playing and why a stranger might have an incentive to help you.

Old 11-26-2016, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campeador View Post
Why would anyone take time out of their holiday weekend to do a stranger this odd favor? You might start with explaining the "game" that you are playing and why a stranger might have an incentive to help you.
I've briefly explained our game: we solve a riddle and in the end we are given a location to take a photo of. In the photo there must be a team sign (date, location, team name, round number) to prove the pic was taken in the present.

For us it's fun and interesting but I understand that someone not involved in this type of team games might find my request odd. I don't expect someone to drive an hour to do me a favor, I just hoped someone is close enough and willing to spend 10-15 min out of their time to take the pic. Why? Because, in my naivety, I still believe that somewhere out there there still are people willing to help, even a stranger.

Old 11-26-2016, 11:10 AM

1,044 posts, read 1,315,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaxa View Post
I've briefly explained our game: we solve a riddle and in the end we are given a location to take a photo of. In the photo there must be a team sign (date, location, team name, round number) to prove the pic was taken in the present.

For us it's fun and interesting but I understand that someone not involved in this type of team games might find my request odd. I don't expect someone to drive an hour to do me a favor, I just hoped someone is close enough and willing to spend 10-15 min out of their time to take the pic. Why? Because, in my naivety, I still believe that somewhere out there there still are people willing to help, even a stranger.
I'm sure it's fun for you, but I doubt that's enough to persuade someone to drive over to the stockyards to take a picture for you. Also, I don't think there's any shortage of charitable souls here, just the fact that there's needier recipients than you.

Old 11-26-2016, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campeador View Post
I don't think there's any shortage of charitable souls here, just the fact that there's needier recipients than you.
OK then, sorry for wasting their time to read my trivial request.

Please, a mod/admin, delete this thread.

Old 11-26-2016, 07:10 PM

1,642 posts, read 939,841 times
Part of the issue is that few people you'd encounter here actually live near the Stockyards since it's not in the best part of town. People who don't live in the area don't really understand how spread out the metroplex is. Just DFW airport is the size of Manhattan island. Parking in the Stockyards also often costs money and the traffic on I-35 which you would take to get to Stockyards is horrible because of road construction. Basically, what I'm saying is that this isn't as simple a request as you make it sound.

They do however often have a guy dressed as cowboy there who has a steer with him. For a fee you can get your photo taken with it. Texans are pretty friendly. Often if you offer to take their photo they'll take your's.

Old 11-27-2016, 08:04 PM

1,085 posts, read 715,551 times
You might try one of the task companies...like taskrabbit
Craigslist gigs....etc.
Offering incentive probably would help.
You might also contact the visitors and tourist bureau which is right in the area.

Old 11-28-2016, 10:44 AM

10,027 posts, read 21,093,033 times
Have you looked on Google Images?

Old 11-28-2016, 11:17 AM

55 posts, read 34,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaxa View Post
OK then, sorry for wasting their time to read my trivial request.

Please, a mod/admin, delete this thread.
Hi, let me know if you still need the picture, I can help you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or