U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 08:35 AM

6,061 posts, read 4,806,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJB327 View Post
Diverse neighborhood + good schools .... your best best is mansfield east of 360 or south grand prairie in the mansfield isd....

Middle School in area I'm talking about is rated a 9 out of 10

Danny Jones Middle School is 40% black, 30% white, 20% hispanic, 10% asian.... That's real diversity, nothing subjective about that.

In Arlington, one middle school is rated a 8 out of 10

Young Jr HIgh is 55% white, 17% hispanic, 15% black, 9% asian... That's diverse for someone that's used to being in a majority white area that's > 75 or 80% white...

Likewise, I wouldn't call a school that's over 50% black or over 55% HIspanic diverse either... to me, diversity is when no ethnicity group makes up a majority of the student body....

And I'm only discussing schools.... If you mean diverse neighborhood such as subdivision, head to Mansfield/s grand prairie zoned to Lake Ridge HS.... If you mean neighborhood such as a larger geographical area, the section zoned to Martin should do you well bc the minute you go east of cooper (to parks mall, to highlands, gp outlet, etc) you will run into real diversity. The problem with living in that area is the schools.

https://demographics.virginia.edu/DotMap/index.html
All true but this makes the commute horrible. The Martin HS zone is quite diverse, has good schools and is a seriously much better commute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 09:20 AM

1,085 posts, read 715,196 times
#1 what is your price range?
#2 what is your definition of diverse?

I'd look at HEB area...Hurst, Euless, Bedford. Nice neighborhoods....something like 75-80 languages spoken at home...so that means diversity for me...probably every African country represented, most Middle Eastern, many Asian.... most Central American...and some South American.

Wouldn't really surprise me if most schools are this way now..... although some areas will get a bigger concentration of Caucasian, Indian, AA, or Hispanic depending on what part of town you live in. Sometimes you can look at places like city data to get population mixes, or schools probably publish that info as well. You also have to be very careful with school ratings. Different populations within the schools can also have very different results. I think it is always a good idea to visit the schools and talk with the teachers and admins if you can.

Old 01-09-2017, 06:04 PM

341 posts, read 183,818 times
At first I was thinking about the area just north of Fort Worth, But really the traffic isn't much better up there. Hurst and Euless are somewhat diverse I would compare it to SW Arlington. I was also thinking about the area that is East of 360, but seemed like to far of a drive. Really the drive from the Bedford area would be comparable to East of 360 in Mansfield. it's a shorter drive from Bedford, but the traffic on HWY 287 in Mansfield isn't bad until you start to get into Arlington. If diversity is really important then Mira Lagos in Grand Prairie would be a good choice. you could also try the Birdville ISD area.

Old 01-09-2017, 07:57 PM

16 posts, read 23,433 times
Many thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Old 01-09-2017, 08:43 PM

15,893 posts, read 15,613,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
I suggest SW Arlington in the Martin HS zone. Good schools and diverse. And in your commute. Zip codes 76016 and 76017 but verify its Martin HS; some of zip code 76017 is in other school zones that are not as good.

I completely agree. SW Arlington is a wonderful place for families and also for retired folks. I know this because I live there. I've lived here since 1978. The area is diverse and nicely so. Definitely make sure you verify that the home is in the Martin HS district. I worked in downtown Ft. Worth for years and the commute is not bad at all.

Shopping is good and there is a rather large mall nearby. It's also not far at all from Dallas. Major highways all the way. It takes about 40 minutes for the drive to north Dallas from my house and all of it is highway( mostly toll ways). I worked in downtown Dallas for a few years. Not a bad drive at all.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:37 PM

6 posts, read 6,281 times
I grew up in Mansfield and went to MHS. The schools seemed pretty good I guess. Avoid Summit an Timberview HS though.

I would not want to Live in Mira Lago and commute to Downtown FW. That would be a beating to do everyday. Martin HS area is much more convient to downtown and a more interesting area in general I think. Martin is a nice school to.

Old 01-10-2017, 12:11 AM

641 posts, read 569,851 times
The commute to mira lago and dwntown is less than 30mins... 5 or 6 good songs on Google music....

Am i the only person tht sees the beauty behind a 20-30 min commute.... Me time, music, alone with my thoughts, de stress and unwind...

I'm the guy n traffic letting everyone over, not taking side streets, honking horns and all tht jazz... as long as I'm moving at least 20mph, im good ��

Old 01-10-2017, 06:55 AM

6,061 posts, read 4,806,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJB327 View Post
The commute to mira lago and dwntown is less than 30mins... 5 or 6 good songs on Google music....

Am i the only person tht sees the beauty behind a 20-30 min commute.... Me time, music, alone with my thoughts, de stress and unwind...

I'm the guy n traffic letting everyone over, not taking side streets, honking horns and all tht jazz... as long as I'm moving at least 20mph, im good ��
No, its not under 30 minutes to downtown Fort Worth in rush hour.

Old 01-10-2017, 03:11 PM

15,845 posts, read 9,555,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
I was also going to suggest NE Tarrant. Either Birdville or HEB ISD is good. Stay north of 183 for the most part, although the newer homes along Trinity Blvd would work for your commute. Avoid Richland Hills.
Why?

Old 01-10-2017, 03:24 PM

5,316 posts, read 3,524,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
I suggest SW Arlington in the Martin HS zone. Good schools and diverse. And in your commute. Zip codes 76016 and 76017 but verify its Martin HS; some of zip code 76017 is in other school zones that are not as good.
This is good advice, but I would skip Arlington if I couldn't get my children in a good school. Many of the other schools in Arlington aren't very good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth